Project: 4-Quad (56k = no)

gt_junkie said:
Post that on the Eclipse owners thread!

It'd be a nice addition!

How are the quad temps?

gt

Try 'too ****ing hot' :mad:

At load this thing heats my room up from ~25c to ~30c in 15 minutes :( my 610w ups crys very loudly when i game, use 4 cores and access the drives :eek:

lay-z-boy said:
Try 'too ****ing hot' :mad:

At load this thing heats my room up from ~25c to ~30c in 15 minutes :( my 610w ups crys very loudly when i game, use 4 cores and access the drives :eek:
Annoying but you've gotta add a ' :cool: ' none the less!

It's like an american muscle car - completely over the top for most applications but downright awesome none the less!!!

I'll be going quad soon and only have a thermalright ultra 120 extreme to put on it! :eek: (too scared for water so think i'll be running stock for a bit!)

gt

Make sure you have a use for it before you buy, you WILL regret buying something that needs a power station to itself if you don't use every last bit of power. :)

The thermalright should be fine for ~2.8-3.2ghz :)

lay-z-boy said:
Make sure you have a use for it before you buy, you WILL regret buying something that needs a power station to itself if you don't use every last bit of power. :)

The thermalright should be fine for ~2.8-3.2ghz :)
I plan to use and abuse it don't worry! ;)

Sold my e6600 to make way before the price cuts and this P4 is driving me nuts! Can't do more than 2 things at once as it grinds to a halt!

2.8-3.2ghz = NICE... anything around 2.8 and i will be a happy bunny TBH!

Cheers lay-z-boy! You've made my day fella! :D

gt

Been on these forums nearly four years and that's one of the nicest rigs I've ever seen - excellent work! Any chance of some more benchies when the exams are through?

I deffo regret getting my q6600!, thermalright ultra extreme can't really do much about temps apart from stopping them getting insane but they do get very high.. i wish i stayed with my e6600 and thats a fantastic rig.

Nice stuff Lazy. Your definetly right on the make sure you use the quad thing.

Novelty on mine has worn off and I'm selling as I'm not using my pc for anything more than chatting on msn/irc and browsing the web. Too busy with work.

Replacing with a low end c2d setup and gonna watercool in readying for going back to uni and buying a new quadcore ready for all the rendering I'll be doing when I'm back :)

hp7909 said:
Nice build there ;)

Surprised to see the X-Fi needs extra power supply :eek:

Only needs the power connector if you use the external breakout box on the elite pro

Subliminal Aura said:
nice project and pics lay-z shame about the clock :/

Clock is ok for now, im settling for 3ghz rendering stable (much more intensive than prime) i will be able to hit higher with the cpu lapped.

Cheers for the comments guys, will get started on part 2 soon now my A level exams are over. :D

Back
Top Bottom