Project Bentley

:eek:

If that's the case I'm surprised it was just the one cylinder playing up!

Another vote for a project thread for the LR II should you go down that route. Big fan :cool:

The end

It's over.

The car has a new owner, a very nice chap who lives up in Cheshire - not all that far from where Gary picked the car up back in November '08 as it turns out.

So, where was I? After I replaced the air/fuel distributor it went back to the garage to do final setup and tuning. And in fairness they got it damned near spot-on. All the power is back, the fuel economy is...passable (:p), and they apparently even found time to improve the steering and brakes if my last drives were anything to go by. There was a spot of unfortunateness, as we happened to notice a day after it came home that the drivers side wing and sill had been damaged somehow (looked for all the world like it had slipped off a trolley jack or lift). But the garage owner (our friend Michael) happens to be a rather impressive body and paint man so he sorted it along with the small amount of bubbling that had appeared around the badge on that wing.

And yeah. The buyer came down to Gary's house tonight with the folding, had a quick look around and that was it. He seemed pretty much instantly smitten with it - he's gotten himself a very decent car for the money in my opinion, and I hope that with everything we've done over the years he's now got something that will happily trundle around between fuel stops (;)) causing no bother.

Gary is pretty much set on a Mercedes as a replacement. He'd actually spotted a really, really nice W211 E500 (a later one with the 5.5 engine) but unfortunately it had sold before the Bentley could change hands. A W219 CLS is still an option as well.

Hi.
New to the forum and have just read through this project. Was really enjoyable. Just a shame some of the pictures don't work. I have just purchased a n reg Bentley turbo r, well had for about a week.
Love the car, however since I have had it, it has developed a couple of faults. The main one being that the heater fans have stopped working which is kind of making the car unusable in this weather due to windows fogging up. Also the central locking has stopped working and the drivers electric window.
Anyone any ideas how to remedy this faults before I end up sending it to a garage and it costing a fortune. For the heating, I have checked relays and all fine. Put 12v to the fan wires next to relays and the fan kicks in.
Any advice greatly received.
Hope you don't mind me posting in here, but there seems to be some knowledgeable people on this post

Hi.
New to the forum and have just read through this project. Was really enjoyable. Just a shame some of the pictures don't work. I have just purchased a n reg Bentley turbo r, well had for about a week.
Love the car, however since I have had it, it has developed a couple of faults. The main one being that the heater fans have stopped working which is kind of making the car unusable in this weather due to windows fogging up. Also the central locking has stopped working and the drivers electric window.
Anyone any ideas how to remedy this faults before I end up sending it to a garage and it costing a fortune. For the heating, I have checked relays and all fine. Put 12v to the fan wires next to relays and the fan kicks in.
Any advice greatly received.
Hope you don't mind me posting in here, but there seems to be some knowledgeable people on this post

First off, welcome
icon14.gif

Second off - let us delve into this.

The central locking. There may be a reset button in the fusebox (underneath the glove compartment, if it's the same as the earlier cars). If not, then I'm not sure. Would be worth asking here, and if parts are required then the usual suspects - IntroCar and Flying Spares. I would suspect, given that the drivers window is a problem, that you have a wiring fault in the drivers door. Possibly behind the door card. Good luck and Godspeed. *salute*

The heater fans - are the behind-the-dash flaps moving around when you select different modes on the heating/air-con?

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks for the welcome and advice.
I have checked the relays and all appear fine. I find it odd that all fan speeds don't won't. Surely all relays wouldn't stop working at the same time.
I will take the door card off on drivers side and have a look. Hopefully it's easy to remove.
I will check out that link you suggested.
I'm still trying to find some literature which shows how to dismantle parts on car. Have found rr technical info.
Many thanks
Steve

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom