Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

Soldato
This started with me wanting a new case as i was getting fed up with the limitations of my old case. I bought the v2000 from phoenixdancer (thanks:)), it had already been powder coated gloss black and it really is stunning, matched my samsung blu ray drive perfectly and would allow so much more scope for any future mods/projects.

Current spec
Intel i7 920 d0
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
6gb G skill Pi Silver
2x Asus 5770
256gb Kingston ssd snvp325
1.5tb Samsung eco green
Samsung SH-B083L/RSBP
Corsair hx620
Titan Fenrir
Dell 2407 ao4

wc3p.jpg

Having recently decided to finally watercool my pc i read for many hours (much to my girlfriends annoyance) and endlessly researched until i thought i could make some reasonable decisions on what to buy. I wanted to have a virtually silent system while still maintaining a good overclock. I eventually came up with these parts, some i managed to get from the mm the rest have just arrived:)

Heatkiller 3.0 cu (thanks PaulyD:))
d5 vario (thanks shetlander:))
hwlabs sr-1 420
ek multi 250 (thanks rjkoneill:))
4xTFC ½id ¾od 45 rotary
8xTFC ½id ¾od compression fittings
3m ½ id ¾ od Primochill LRT blue
3xYate Loon D14SL-124UB
4xYate Loon D12SL-124UB
Scythe Kaze Master
Silver kill coil
Distilled water

wc1vz.jpg

Now its all here it seems a bit daunting but i'm sure i'll be alright, just not as familiar with watercooling parts as i am with pc hardware. So i hope you enjoy the build , any feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
v2000's are huge and have so many possibilities. I almost went with a tj07 but opted for the lian li after seeing a few builds. I hope you can draw some inspiration from the build, it's not overly elaborate just black and blue my favourite colour.

Soldato
OP
Didn't have a huge amount of time to do much tonight so i just worked on the front drive bays. I put the ssd and 1.5tb hdd behind them to free up the lower compartment, swapped some of the fans out and fitted the kaze master.
Ssd mount
wc6.jpg

kaze master, pleased with the matching gloss :)
wc5.jpg

Lights on, i'm probably going to mod the fans to be able to turn the led's on and off.
wc7x.jpg

hose, seems a lot less than 3 meters.
hose.jpg

Hose, fans and fan some braided cables under uv
wc4.jpg

Hopefully move onto the good stuff over the weekend.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies, i can't work on it tonight so will do some more over the weekend. I work in theatre so i don't get home until after 10pm, which doesn't leave me a lot of time. Will get some more detailed photos up of the case and all the water cooling parts and hopefully get most of it in the case on Sunday:)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Had a decent look at the rad, fans and stand. The rad is extreamly well made with an immacultae matt finish.

rad1.jpg

mocked up with fittings and fans
rad3.jpg

120mm fan compared to 140mm fan
rad2.jpg

Rad stand, might need to make some blocks for this to raise it up in the lower compartment.
radstand.jpg

Soldato
OP
I had a bit of a play with the fittings and a piece of the tubing, I'm amazed how tight the compressions grip the tubing. I couldn't do the compression up all the way though, there was about 1mm of thread still showing on the barb part. Is this normal or should it do up completely?

Soldato
OP
The roof is actually cut for a 25mm spacing thermochill. I have just put some fans in it to exhaust the air, I may make it a window though. The rad is going to be on the mount in the lower compartment of the case along with the pump and psu.

Soldato
OP
Small update. Properly mocked up the rad with the mount and fans.
rad5.jpg

Had to flip the psu sideways, will need to make a new bracket for it. Rad sits a bit low to matchup with the sidepanel cutout.
rad6.jpg

rad7.jpg

I placed a couple of 25mm fans under the rad and it sits pretty much exactly where it should be. Will make some metal blocks for this.
rad8.jpg

Soldato
OP
This is as far as i can tighten the compressions with my fingers, the tubing will not budge. Is this normal or should the fitting do up completely?
tube1.jpg

Soldato
OP
Taking little pizza break been non stop tonight.
Block and fittings.
fittings.jpg

G Skill Pi Silver Ram
ramx.jpg

Stripped mobo down and fitted the block and fittings.
mobo1.jpg

Flushed the rad 8 times, this is the water fro the first rinse.
flush1.jpg

Fitted the res making sure theres enough clearance for graphics cards larger than my 5770's.
res1.jpg

Bolted the rad mount down, will be getting some 25mm thick extruded section to raise this up next week.
mount1s.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I preferred the look of compressions and now i have used them they clamp on really securely to the hose but my fingers are a bit red and knackered now fromall the screwing :p. I chose the feser compressions as they were a bit cheaper than bitspower but still a quality product. I managed to get mine for £12 for a 4 pack which is pretty good for branded 3/4 compression. Leak testing atm :D

Soldato
OP
So got it all in, was not as tricky as i though. Slow and steady is the way and take plenty of breaks.

testing1o.jpg

d5 vario
pumpi.jpg

testing2.jpg

:D:D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Currently running 2x5770's but i have just bought a 5870, so will add that to the loop once i get a block for it. I can't decide on the acetal and nickel or plexi and nickel gpu block though.

Soldato
OP
I was leaning towards the acetal and nickel, think thats decided. I also need some nice mesh for the rad compartment. Annoyingingly most modders mesh is available in 500mm widths, my cutout is 510mm :( I'd really like some nice honeycombe mesh, guess i'm off to the car modding shop or b+q.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom