Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

Soldato
OP
Not completely finished but close. I still need to raise the rad, make a new psu plate and mesh the rad area but its done leak testing and i think i have done alright with my first loop :)

I've got a 5870 coming to replace my 5770's, think its pointless watercooling such cool and quiet cards but i'd like to free up the top slots. Will more than like get the ek-fc5870 acetal and nickel for it and add it to the loop.

exterior1.jpg

Thanks again for all your input :)

Soldato
OP
It's massive so absolutely tons of room to work in. It's my first go at watercooling so i can't really compare it to anything else in that respect. My only gripe was cable management behind the mobo tray is a bit tight but i managed once i flattened my cables out and took some time to cable tie up any excess wiring. I couldn't decide between a v2000 and the tj07, in the end i just preferred the look of the V2000 and you don't see them as much as i don't think they make them anymore.

Soldato
OP
The controller shows the 140mm fans do 990rpm at maximum, the minimum i can start them at is 330rpm. heres the spec of them

Manufacturer Yate Loon
Model Number D14SL-124UB
Specification Dimensions 140x140x25mm
Air Flow 46.0CFM
Noise 23.0 dBA
Speed 1000 RPM

Res is very nice, well looked after ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No it's made by Phobya, i bought it to save on time It came powdercoated with a nice surface and edge finish, was about £14 if i remember correctly.

Soldato
OP
It's at 4ghz 1.2v. Not much point going any higher for day to day use although i have had this chip at 4.4ghz when i was on air for the wprime thread :)

Soldato
OP
I may try to go higher when i get a decent amount of time. Heres a quick shot of the inside. Think im going to get the 6pin pci-e cables braided

inside2u.jpg

Soldato
OP
Yeah, i have always liked G skill they make really good ram, i had some ddr2 pi silver on my x38 pc as well. Cannot fault it, happily runs 7-7-7-20 1600mhz 1.65v :)

My 5870 turned up, had forgotten quite how big they are.
graphics1.jpg

graphics3.jpg

Have decided on the the Ek fc5870 acetal and nickel for it.
fc5870.jpg

The 5770's will be on the MM soon if anyone is interested :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah will be in the same loop, after the CPU. Unsurprisingly I have tons of cooling capacity in reserve. Currently idle delta (air in compred to water in res after cpu) is about 1.5 degrees and full load after 30 mins of prime gave about 4.5 degrees delta :)

Soldato
OP
I read the ocuk advanced overclocking sticky
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17803239
Trawled the xs forums
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70
and the stickies there
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202394
and then discovered skinnee and martin, two of the best reviewers of watercooling gear. This is where delta temps and watercooling clicked in my head, the graphs and tables didn't mean much to me at the start now i go straight to them to see how many watts can be disapated at XXXrpm fan speed
http://www.skinneelabs.com/
http://martinsliquidlab.org/
Be clear on what your goal is. Silence, performance and aesthetics and match your hardware to your needs. Think about your future cooling needs as it will probably save you money in the long run and most of all be patient. I steadily bought a component every week or 2 until i was ready and did my big order for the rest of the parts. Was nice to be able to familiarise myself with the new hardware.

I am ordering the gpu block and a few other bits today, and i have found somewhere that sells aluminium mesh the same as the perferations in the case, So i'll post some more pictures whan that all arives. In the mean time if anyone wants to see anything in particular just say :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks, really am pleased with both the case and the loop. Unfortunately i have the bug and want to do more and am already looking at other cpu blocks (i know!) supreme full nickel and the cuplex kryos are nagging me, love the all nickel blocks. Can't help myself when it comes to the shiney :D
Ek supreme hf full nickel
eksupremehffullnickelfr.jpg

Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos
kryos.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Now i've gone and given myself more descisions to make. I'm wondering wether to stick with the nickel acetal ek fc5870 gpu block or go for the plexi nickel if i get an all nickel cpu block.
Acetal+nickel
fc5870.jpg

Plexi+nickel
ekfc5870nickelfront600.jpg

Have heard some bad stories about plexi, thats what's concerning me.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm going to go with the acetal and nickel should be with me on monday, my day off as well so will fit it then. Read a few nasty stories about plexi cracking on the inlet and i'm not into that :eek:
I have found mesh that matches the perferations on the lian li case as well so will grab some of that and spray it to match for the rad cut out.
Accidently ordered an ek supreme hf full nickel as well:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It does look nice, i went for the supreme full nickel though, prefered the clean lines in the end and it will match the gppu block a bit better. Both amazing blocks though, with fantastic performance. I got the rad stand blocks made and primmed, just need some gloss black paint.

Soldato
OP
Heres the 25mm box section steel i'm using to raise my rad stand up so it matches up in the middle of the side panel cutout. Sorry for the picture quality only had my phone on me.
radblocks1.jpg

Primed
radblocks2.jpg

Workshop at work, treasure trove of goodies :)
workshop.jpg

Will hopefully get the steel sprayed up over the next day or 2.

Soldato
OP
Gpu is not in the loop yet but will be on Monday when my block turns up. My cpu is at 4ghz 1.2v, IBT gave temps of mid 50's after 30 mins with a 4-4.5 degrees air to water delta. Idle is currently 31-33 degrees. This is with fans running at a practically silent 600rpm and the vario on setting 2.

Soldato
OP
I knew i wanted to run the fans really low so went for the biggest rad my case could take and chose the sr1 over the thermochill as it's better at ultra low rpm but not by a lot, i also prefered the build quality. I was even considdering a 4x140 rad but that was too big lol :p

Soldato
OP
Been an eventful day. Finished the rad stand blocks off they work a treat.
blocksk.jpg

Stripped the 5870 down.
gpu1l.jpg

gpu2.jpg

Naked
gpu3.jpg

Shiney good
gpu4.jpg

I never want to deal with thermal pads again, they were more like plasticine and a right ball ache to get the plastic off of for some resonm
gpu5.jpg

Got there in the end
gpu6.jpg

Ta da!
Gpu block was deffnately the most fiddly to do, looks great now it's done :)
gpu7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom