Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

Soldato
OP
Got around to fitting the block, really is a beautiful block and you can fit 3/4od compressions on it no problems :D
eksup1.jpg

Base is immaculate.
eksup2.jpg

The retetion bracket was not as simple as the hk and sticks up more but i dont care the block is awesome.
eksup3.jpg

Just waiting on a couple more rotaries, seems you cannot fit3/4 od compressions on the gpu block as the backplate gets in the way. Ek's technical drawings dont show this as they only show dimensions on the block itself and not when mounted. The rotaries will make the tubing flow better anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Have been a busy bee, the backplate is really nice and fitted easily. It is so much more rigid than the stock ati one. Added a fair bit of weight to an already hefty card. Picture has a bit of aftershot because i left the lights on, its actually full nickel.
backplate2.jpg

Shows fingerprints so easily, time to don the latex gloves!
backplate3.jpg

Still deciding on how to route one of my tubes but this is the basic route. I may add the other rotary to the cpu block.
built1.jpg

Close up
built3.jpg

Bleading and leak testing next.
testing.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I didn't originally intend for it to be so shiney but it's gone that way as the project has evolved. I have always preferred silver fittings and i like to see colour in a build :)

Soldato
OP
Well it's certainly brought my gpu temps down. Heres idle 26 degrees at start up maxed at 30 after about 10mins. Powerplay is not working with this driver (10.7) as well so not as cool as it could be as gpu is at 400mhz not 157 lol!
gputemp1p.jpg

Not stressed it yet gonna have a game in a bit :)

Soldato
OP
I kinda stopped counting after a while, here we go then.

Ek Supreme Hf full Nickel £50
Ek fc5870 acetal nickel £65
d5 vario £30 (mm)
hwlabs sr-1 420 £80
ek multi 250 £15 (mm)
8xTFC ½id ¾od 45 rotary £20
8xTFC ½id ¾od compression fittings £24
3m ½ id ¾ od Primochill LRT blue £12
3xYate Loon D14SL-124UB £18
4xYate Loon D12SL-124UB £18
Scythe Kaze Master £27
Silver kill coil £4
Distilled water 10 litres £10
Total £373
Knew it was about that, expensive but i value peace and quiet and i loved building it all :)

Soldato
OP
Yeah it's a good clocker, have benched it at 4.4ghz on air and yes thats with LLC. Temps are about 5-6 ldegrees lower than that in the evening and today has been a warm one :)

Soldato
OP
Here you go :)
bios1i.jpg

bios2p.jpg

I'm pretty sure i could lower some of the voltages here or there but it would take a lot of time to test and i'm pretty busy lately.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You should easily be able to fit them to your case, i think they just need 4 bolts through them to hold them on. You can see the holes on the housing of the set of wheels on the left of the top picture.

Soldato
OP
Yeah bitspower are very pricey, i got my feser compressions in packs of 4 for £12 each (£3 per fitting), My rotaries also came in the same 4 pack for £10:)
1234pr.jpg

Soldato
OP
I'm not an expert, this was my first water loop i just read a hell of a lot. So long as nothing is blocking the area the barb/copmpressions go on the res you'll have no problems, also allow some space for your tubing. Depending on what pump your using you'll need 2 fittings per component, cpu block, res, rad and maybe pump if it doesn't already have barbs attached like the d5 or ddc or if using a pump res combo.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Definately worth the extra, you will have so many more posibilities with a custom loop and better performance. There are plenty of of waterheads here, keep us posted :)

Back
Top Bottom