Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

Used a couple of 90 degree brackets to fix the pumps, thankfully not getting any case rattle from them.
pumpmounts.jpg

After some thinking i decided to change the loop slightly, drilling a couple of 25mm holes in the midplate to take the outlet pipes from the cpu and gpu to the rads.
finalloop.jpg

Cpu filled
filling1.jpg

Probably the best moment for me was seeing the blue coolant hit the gpu block :cool:
6990liquid.jpg

Filled loops under uv led flexlight, still a lot of little bubbles left. The coolant has a slight viscosity to it, bit thicker than water.
finalloop1.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen D5s to have pump tops with built in res tops!
But it doesn't look good as separate top & res IMO.

How are you going to place the PSU?

The psu will be inverted in the rear section of the bottom of the case, so the power cable will come straight out the bottom. Going to make some blocks for it this week.

Becasue of the res/pump position i had to mod my hard drive bays so i could use it vertically instead of horizontal.
hdd2g.jpg

I decided to remove the fan as airflow was good in the bays anyway. I'm thinking of just all bezel for the front now and getting an external dvd drive.
hdd3.jpg

Fired up heaven and ran for around 50 minutes, the temperature difference compared to the stock cooler on the 6990 is pretty big. Stock fan idle was around 45 and at load it peaked at 86. Under water the cores hit maximums for 38 (gpu1) and 41 (gpu2). Cpu didn't go above 50 degrees not 100% usage though :)
6990uv1.jpg

Last edited:
My leak cherry is no more. Woke up to a small blue puddle under the pc, thankfully it was easy to spot where it had come from using a uv light. The xtop was guilty and a quick check in the box and doh! hadn't put the O ring in! pulled it all out and cleaned her up, fitted the O ring and now all is well.

Been ridiculously busy at work and renovating to get much done this week although i seem to find the time to play bf3 :p

Sold my x58 kit and moving to x79 with a 3930k, msi x79a gd65, 16gb samsung green and a 256gb corsair performance pro. Will post some pics of the rebuild. Picked up the lga-2011 add on and easy mount for the supreme hf, hopefully get some of the build done in the next few days.

Ok got everything up and running on air, ram was a bit fiddly to get into the slots being so low in height. Very pleased so far, os and maybe a loop strip down tomorrow.

Thanks for your comments, I'm probably going to redo the loop and go big single loop. I'll get more pics up when I get some time to do it.

So, your Ekoolant, did you mix any distilled water in with it at all, or is that just straight from the bottle? I'm looking for that same UV affect, but I can't seem to get it with the ThermoChill EC6 stuff.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom