Project - Blueboy - Watercooled Lian Li v2000

The buzz is deffinately from the psu, it buzzes in time with mouse wheel movements on web pages and in most desktop stuff. Retried with my hx620 and no buzzing either. On another note this upgrade has somehow knackered my wifi and I cannot connect and get the limited accesss message.

My 5870 block is deffinately missing nickel, I can clearly see the copper.

New psu is much better, doesn't sound like crickets in a field at night anymore :)

Now I just need to figure out why both my wireless cards are giving me the sane limited access upon connecting to the home network. Have even bought a new ariel in case that was the problem and tried other pci slots. My laptop and iPhone connect fine as well.

Full reinstall of windows, seemed to cure a few minor niggles i was having and back online :)

Managed to pick up a thermochill pa 140.3 to add to the sr1 420, need to decide if i'm going to dual loop and maybe add another colour hose or go for a crazy 140.6 loop :D

Last edited:
Hehe yeah, the guys are pretty helpful there. I'd usually buy online from ocuk but i needed the psu that day and it's only 5 mins away from me. Got it for a decent price as well :)

Got my EK rma number so I will hold out on buying the block incase I can get the 6990 block as a replacement, told them i'd pay any difference between the blocks so fingers crossed :)

Picked up the second rad for the rebuild. Thermochill PA140.3, big thank you to Julian :)
I'll get some comparison pictures done when i strip the sr1.
pa1403.jpg

My Gelid wing 14 uv blue fans have arrived. Quality is excellent with removable blades for easy cleaning, pre braided cable and suplied with rubber mounts, screws and a noise reduction cable.
gelid1.jpg

Frame is quite glossy and has the open corner design. Forgot to show the nosie reduction cable, it's basically a 3 pin cable about 15cm long
gelid2.jpg

Blades easily pop out
gelid3.jpg

Blade edge has a small lip that's designed to improve airflow and noise. the top side of the blade is smooth while the underside is slightly rough
gelid4.jpg

Quick uv test
gelid5.jpg

Compared to the yate loon d14sl uv blue there are more blades (11 vs 7) that are closer together which should create more static pressure, the colour is also more vibrant.
gelid6.jpg

Full spec

Nanoflux Bearing (NFB)
Optimized Winglet Fan Blades
Waterproof and Dustproof
Long Lifetime 100,000 hours
Rubber Fan Mounts
Fan Speed Control

Specification

Air Flow (CFM) 80.0
Bearing Nanoflux Bearing (NFB)
Cable Length (mm) 500
Connector 3 Pin Molex
Current (A) 0.35
Dimensions (mm) 140 x 140 x 25
Fan Speed (RPM) 1200
Noise Level (dBA) 12 - 26
Safety Approvals UL, CUL, CE, RoHS Compliant
Static Pressure (mmAq) 1.45
Voltage (V) 12
Accessories Four rubber fan mounts and fan speed controller
Weight (g) 119
Warranty 60 months

Last edited:
They have a very high sheen to them, overall finish is excellent. Hooked them up to the sr1 and at full rpm (my fan controller shows 1290rpm) they have a low airflow sound to them that's not unpleasant and sounds purposeful they also shift a good amount of air. At 1000rpm they are near silent and deffinately shift more air than my yate loons did. Ghetto res position until i get my 6990 block :p
gelid7.jpg

Last edited:
Running them at 600rpm and can hear nothing from them, very pleased with them. Quite pricey especially when you need a few but these seem to have the best colour for my build and performance is great too.

But back down to earth, i have to wait until the block is made as they have none in stock. Next friday is looking like the earliest i'll get the block :(

Ek have been very helpful throughout the rma and kept me upto date at every step. I prefer the uv to the led's as well and its nice to be able to just turn the lights off. The colour difference is due to the tubing being uv/clear i'm going to go with normal clear tubing (primochill, the masterkleer is good but kinks a bit to easy for my liking) with the uv blue coolant for the rebuild which matches the fans :)

Thanks guys, i'm itching to get this build done now. Got some more box section steel to raise the second rad stand up to the same height as the first one, just needs cutting, priming and spraying. I am also looking to get some black perspex to make a contoured cover for the hdd area and possibly replace the roof rad cutout with either some clear or blue live edge perspex as a nice window so the 6990 block will be visible through.

Put my final order in for the rest of the components and ek are shipping my 6990 block on friday. Have gone for:
ek nickel backplate,
another phobya 140.3 rad stand,
xspc d5 xtop v2,
primoflex pro lrt clear
and an assortment of fittings, some more 5mm leds and another temp sensor.

I have also ordered an A3 sheet of black acrylic to tidy up the back of the drive bays, i'll bend this using a heat gun and probably have some cutouts/holes for cabling.

Everything is ready except the gpu block which should hopefully be dispatched tomorrow...from Slovenia. Had a go with some res/pump configs using male to male connectors and liked the results so may well use them like that, sinking the d5 body into the midplate and using the xtop to sit on top. Allowed me to have the inlets and outlets nicely lined up as well. I'll know for sure when i strip this all down and can see what sort of space i really have. I've also cut and sprayed the rad blocks, same as for the first stand. Contemplating a single slot pci bracket for the card, curious if anyone has any experience with these on what will become a very heavy card with the full cover block. Would spray this black.
file1312.jpg

Heres the sort of pump res setup i am thinking of using, i'll sink the round part of the d5 into the case midplate by drilling some 60mm holes so the xtop sits on top. I'll probably cut a neoprene ring to absorb any vibrations.
pumpres1.jpg

I like how that looks :) good idea. If you got room I think it would look with the pump through the midplate. Need the block from EK to really get this going.

Just want to get it done now, pc is in a bit of a state at the mo. Hopefully get the block early next week. I don't think i can have the whole pump below the midplate as my rads come up quite high, i can fit the body below though.

very nice build

Ok got a missed delivery card from the postman so fingers crossed that it's my block. Flushed the pa140.3, was pretty clear even after the first flush. Found the perfect hole cutter at work for sinking the pump body through the midplate, here's a mock up with a bit of ply.

pumpres.jpg

Back
Top Bottom