project deskcomp

Associate
Went into work today on my day off.
played with the design and after messing around with different designs and different types of wood i now have 2 options

1) basic stand (for those who cant afford a bespoke stand)
made from soft wood with no led's sanded and ready to paint,stain or varnish £20
21072010361.jpg

2) bespoke stand
made from solid hardwood (ie oak,sapele) with led's built into stand usb powered and a coat of clear varnish (natural look) or stealth matt black! £50

please note the prices are fixed !! i will not take offers and i will not change the options it is what it is final

e-mail in trust

Soldato
i must say this project looks amazing! i'm considering a lamp/stand, the 'elite' model :p, and i'm seriously wondering about the chance of getting a table flat packed and shipped to me if you were so inclined to produce a third...depending on the finished results of course (and the price).

Associate
i must say this project looks amazing! i'm considering a lamp/stand, the 'elite' model :p, and i'm seriously wondering about the chance of getting a table flat packed and shipped to me if you were so inclined to produce a third...depending on the finished results of course (and the price).

Sorry, your's would be produced 4th as mine is next ;)
You still coming to measure up this weekend Kyle !! :cool:

Associate
OP
desk is coming along nicely now.everything sprayed and starting to resemble a desk.
flat pack form!!!!!
22072010366.jpg

few pins and glue later
22072010368.jpg

22072010369.jpg

internal compartments done, time to fit to outer shell
22072010379.jpg

sorry for bad pics mobile fone !!
22072010373.jpg

22072010376.jpg

back of desk for io parts etc
22072010378.jpg

quick few of motherboard compartment without glass.
22072010375.jpg

desk 95% finished
22072010377.jpg

pretty much all that is left to really do on desk now is sort hinges for right hand cupboard and finishing touches.

kyle might say different has hes the one doing all the construction of it all!!!!

Associate
Superb desk project!

Seriously consider making these as a kit, maybe with the option of draws and or cupboard

Ive been looking for a desk for a while , and just not found what im looking for. Ikea/Argos just does not cut it!

Associate
OP
Superb desk project!

Seriously consider making these as a kit, maybe with the option of draws and or cupboard

Ive been looking for a desk for a while , and just not found what im looking for. Ikea/Argos just does not cut it!

funny u say argos/ikea dont cut it as the desk was based around a desk i bought from argos!! or should i say height/width/length same as desk i got from argos.

Associate
My brother bought a Argos desk 12 months ago and the veneer rubbed off under the mouse within months.

My crudely built home made desk made of Beech veneer effect panels from Wickes 10 years ago still looks better, despite suffering having being taken to pieces, having 3" cut off the back edge of everthing with a bandsaw, and braced back together after a house move.

The aim to hide away the pc and cables in a cupboard, and preferably have some sort of draw shortens my choices, if i can live without my current full desk width keyboard/mouse shelf.
I guess i could always invest in one of those funky aple wireless keyboards and an airmouse albeit on Windows..

Building the pc into the desk instead never actually occured to me. I rarely drag the tower out, so its a possibility.

Last edited:
Associate
how cum your takin all the credit for this when your 200 miles away and its me building them ?????? lol...

This cracked me up, nice one :D. And all 3 of you claiming the idea even funnier lol :D.

Great project though & oooh the 180mm silverstone air penetrator, I've had my eye on those amazing fans :D they kick an awesome bit of air & aren't too loud & in this thick wooden case should be even quieter :cool:.

Nice headphone stand, don't know how I missed this, subbed :).

I must say what an awesome place to work :D.

Associate
OP
This cracked me up, nice one :D. And all 3 of you claiming the idea even funnier lol :D.

Great project though & oooh the 180mm silverstone air penetrator, I've had my eye on those amazing fans :D they kick an awesome bit of air & aren't too loud & in this thick wooden case should be even quieter :cool:.

Nice headphone stand, don't know how I missed this, subbed :).

I must say what an awesome place to work :D.

lol, yup the air penetrators are awesome fans even on slowest setting it kicks out air and very quiet.

love your aircube read many times looking at what you been doing.

Soldato
That space on the right is crying out for a rad box of some sort. Where is the keyboard and monitor supposed to sit btw? To the side of the window I take it? Or can you make a shelf for the monitor to sit on?

Associate
OP
the box on left is going to be a cupboard, if like me you keep a lot of crap around your desk its perfect place to hide it all !!!!!!!

monitor will be displayed on one of these which will bolt to the back edge of the desk and leave more space on the top and allow viewing thro glass.
monitorstand.jpg

Back
Top Bottom