project deskcomp

Associate
ok been lookin ito the headphone stands some more today have an idea on price

just the stand no lights £30
stand with lights plugs into usb £50

not sure what wood will be used yet,prices are based upon labor + materials used

now its just a case of who wants one ?????

e-mail in turst

Associate
OP
Spray time!!

20072010357.jpg

20072010358.jpg

20072010359.jpg

Associate
i know prices sound like a lot and yes if you look around on line you can find a stand for around £25 but you have to take into account that it takes around 4 hours to build one

Associate
just out of interest can people give me an idea of what they think is a fair price

but please keep in mind in takes around 4 hours to make one by hand plus you have the cost of the wood a switch a usb connection for power some wire and the led's with some kind of mounting box for the led's

Associate
For the amount of work needed to make one, I would say that is a fair price. Unfortunately, its a lot of money for what it is even with the hard work you're putting in.

As some one suggested, could you not simply sell them as kits. Cut the wood, leave it unfinished and unglued, write some simple instructions and sell them like that?

I'd be very interested then.

Soldato
Well seems as im very poor, and even if i wasnt im a cheapskate, id probably pay max of 20 quid for a finished one if im honest!

But i suppose thats the thing with hand making em, im sure if they were machine made the cost price would be a fraction of what it would be hand made :)

Im quite interested in a custom desk though, im after one and have 0 DIY skills and cant find something to suit my needs ;)

Soldato
For the amount of work needed to make one, I would say that is a fair price. Unfortunately, its a lot of money for what it is even with the hard work you're putting in.

As some one suggested, could you not simply sell them as kits. Cut the wood, leave it unfinished and unglued, write some simple instructions and sell them like that?

I'd be very interested then.

i would have one like that as ive already asked please.

just 2 rough cut bits of wood will do me as i have some pretty good diy skills to finish it of.

Associate
Personally i think £50 is a great price for a unique, handmade, Bespoke (or however else you describe it) Piece. As long as it looks good and is well made, then it will last.
Sure you can go to Computer world ;) and buy a desk stand / lamp for maybe 20 quid, but it won't last five minutes, AND everyone else has one !! :eek:

If you change the materials & the way you make / Supply them , it will be no different to popping into Odea with an IK ;) or computer world !! you may as well change your name to LAU and open a chinese takeaway :D

I have been showing this thread to some of my colleagues, and so far there are 4 definates and 2 maybe's @ £50ea ( i wonder if i get commission)..

Back
Top Bottom