project deskcomp

Associate
OP
this project is first class. loving the headphone stand and very interested with lights etc.

but i think to compliment it, it would have to be sat on top of a deskcomp.

any prices for these?

prices for headphone stand or desk?

headphone stand there are prices and description on page 4

desks WILL NOT be made for anyone else but two already made!!

or to put it another way, just for the wood alone at trade price for 1 desk cost £120, then add price of paint,lacq, etc and dont forget these are made specific for components we bought (excact fit) so if someone didnt want the same components it would take about 8/10 hours reprograming the cnc machine to cut the wood.

we wouldnt even think of building another desk for less than £500

Associate
OP
ok so desk is built :D
have some pictures to post once i get home!
didnt take many pics as battery was dying in my camera and just want to really get the desk built and back on mw2!!!

havent put lights in yet, need to wire & solder them all.

but everything else is pretty much done.

temps are good, left it running over night, fans are very quiet, the air penetrator makes the most noise but only when at full wack, it kicks so much air that i can feel the cold air coming from the back of the desk and in my face!!!

most noise from case is the hdds as expected and the stock fan from gpu which im changing back tonight to my accelero s1 now ive got thermo sticky pads for the heat sinks.

Associate
Boo hoo, wish those air penetrators were available when I was making the air cube :D.
Even at £500 I'd expect some to want one, it's a nice quality desk + pc case in the best orientaion imo, the wood will help to keep it nice & quiet, about hdd noise I find placing accoustic foam underneath a hard drive rack really helps shut them up :cool:.

Looking forward to seeing the final pics :).

Associate
OP
i have got the hdds mounted on velcro pads so we can take cage out for easy swap if need to, but still... anyway my actual plan is to buld next a server and mount all hdds in that so only my ssd is in the desk !! SUPER QUIET!!

Associate
OP
well ive come across my first problem!!
my graphics card died on my monday:( so ive ordered a new card but then soon realised will the new card fit? so i measured the compartment and its a tight fit but i also need to move the air penetrator from inside compartment to outside in letter box.

annyoing as all the pics to post are currently on main pc and im using my lil samsung nc10 on big lovely desk plugged into 24" :p

Associate
OP
oh yeah, i used and abused that card!! had it since they first released them!

anyway heres some pics of the finished result!

DSC01620.jpg

Associate
New Graphics card arrived yesterday, Fitted it to discover that was not the problem... New PSU arrived today, fitted that... still not the problem... Looks like the motherboard is dead :mad:

Anyone got a Asus A8N-SLi Premium going spare ;)

Associate
bit of an update took ali his deskcomp and after a 400 mile round trip and many hours of messing around we got his desk finished (still waiting for him to post pics !!! ) temps looked good so top went on and we stood back to look at the finished desk.

focus is now on me to finish my desk so for now thats all there is but i will post pics as i do more work on my desk

Soldato
New Graphics card arrived yesterday, Fitted it to discover that was not the problem... New PSU arrived today, fitted that... still not the problem... Looks like the motherboard is dead :mad:

Anyone got a Asus A8N-SLi Premium going spare ;)

That board was the ultimate 939 board IMO.

Back
Top Bottom