Project 'EVIE' - Steampunk 1886 Build

Associate
OP
Thanks to everyone for the comments on Evie - it means a lot to me and sorry for being a bit slow to respond....not good form of me :(

Currently in Thailand on holiday with the wife until mid September but on my return I have a few aesthetic changes to make to Evie (hopefully for the better) and then it will be on to a new build.

Trouble is, Evie was a serious wallet content killer and once I counted up every nut, bolt, material and component that went into her I nearly had a heart attack....it was scary how much she cost to put together.....being totally unsponsored it makes life difficult swinging another big build like Evie past the wife.....but such is the thing we do eh?

I'm currently thinking along the lines of an 1960's Art Deco style build tying in with the Bioshock undersea world of Rapture. Plenty of scope there for an iconic art style build :D

All the best

Steve (Quantum-192)

Man of Honour
I've watched many builds take shape, both on OcUK and Bit-Tech and, hand on heart, this would be in my all-time top 3 over the last decade.

Attention to detail is flawless.

Superb.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just found out that Evie has been chosen by bit-tech as one of 4 case mods battling it out for Mod of the Month which I'm really chuffed about.

The competition is very high with some excellent case mods but if you have a bit-tech forum account and you think she's worth a vote, then I'd love to have your support.

However, to be truthful, I would struggle to choose between the case mods this month if I was placing a vote.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=309745

Associate
Wow. Evie is a beauty. This has to be one of the the best builds I've seen in the last decade. The level of craftsmanship and your attention to detail is top notch. Rather nice photos as well. Two thumbs up from me.....

Associate
Sorry I'm late back to reply....I dunno what to write, it's not build of the month or year....It's the build of a generation, sublime craftsmanship, executed to the Nth degree.

Top Hat tipped in your direction, well done.

Soldato
Can't believe this is the first time seeing this!? Awesome build dude, really nice attention to detail. I'd feel guilty using it without and equally modified screen, desk and peripherals! Lol!

So once you start the next build what does the future hold for this one? Do you just keep hold of it?? I couldn't imagine selling something like that after all the time and effort that you've put into it. I've had the same feelings about drawings that have taken me literally years to complete. They become sentimental to you.

Still, looking forward to seeing your next one. This has set the bar high. :)

Back
Top Bottom