Project 'EVIE' - Steampunk 1886 Build

Soldato
OH COME ON....

This just gets more insane every time I check in :)

Seriously impressive stuff this, you clearly have some impressive modding skills so I hope we see a lot of people getting inspired to raise their game based on this (myself included!).

Associate
OP
Well, Evie is finished other than final comissioning and the overclocking to the CPU and two 980ti. That will take a few days to get the best overclocks/stabilities.

I will also be doing a final photoshoot of the finished build and will post this as a seperate update later in the week.

However, for now here are a few images of the loop once complete - awaiting coolant filling and bleeding (now complete).

The loop was pumped full of air before any coolant was added to ensure there were no leaks and she held at 7 psi (0.5 bar).

Some images around the loop once finished:

Caporegime
That is stunning. All of it... Including the Corsair logo and the pressure guage sticking out of the front. :D

My favourite build I've ever seen. Easily the best Steampunk themed build in a 'conventional' case I've seen too. Excellent!

Soldato
Love the finished article. It's nice when you get the opportunity to make something you can feel proud of at the end - all too often there are compromises of time or money or just life getting in the way.
Oiler looks great - not as good as the custom res mind. Would be interested to know how it's connected up and whether the coolant actually flows through the external tubing by the feet....just for curiosity :D

The range of colours works well too. Did look at first like it might be a bit monochromatic but now it's all together it all balances nicely.

The cabling is the only problem with a steampunk build. You've done brilliantly at hiding most of it but the ATX and PCIE cables aren't really optional. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're bad, I was just trying to think if they could be done in any way that would complement the theme rather than trying to hide them. I had a think about waxed sleeving but I couldn't really find much on it. This page has the sort of look I was thinking of.
The only other thing I could think of that would look 'vintage' is probably massively unwieldy when it comes to 24-cable bundles but they used to use twisted flex back in the day. Something like this.

Associate
OP
Will there be a final update when the loop has fluid?

Hi All. Thank you all for your support, suggestions and great comments whilst Evie was under build.

I'm working on the final build log update now and once the final photographs are sorted out I'll post it as quickly as possible.

Can I also say a big thankyou to everyone who whizzed over to the bit-tech forum to offer support and vote for Evie in the case modding competition - she's running in first place with a week to go :)

ATB

Steve

Associate
OP
Mini update on the cable sleeving...basically I'm just not happy with the current grey/black combination as it just doesn't look right in the build.

I have just ordered some MDPC sleeving in copper brown and will re-sleeve all the cables prior to the final photo's.

The sleeving is on its way so should be able to re-sleeve the cables by end of next week and get the photos done so there may be a week delay in getting the final pictures up on the forum. Sorry for the delay but I need to fix it to ensure my OCD is satisfied :)

Steve.

Associate
OP
Gone for the same design as my current cables but the black will be MDPC Anthracite and the grey will be MDPC Copper Brown.

Overall look (hopefully) will be dominated by the copper sleeving with just off black as edge trim to each cable.

Not used MDPC sleeving before so hopefully no issues in use? Current sleeving is Shakmods.

Back
Top Bottom