PROJECT: FLAME ORANGE

Well 1 year later and I've given my system a good cleaning out, the dust behind the fans pulling air into the rads was quite bad. All cleaned now and good to go again.

I checked my temps with all my fans running at 900RPM and my GPUs were idling in Windows at about 34 degrees, before cleaning.

I cleaned the dust out (which took me about an hour in total)

I tested my system by turning off all my fans, it was idling in windows with the GPUs sat at 53 degrees. I know this is fairly high. I turned the fans back on just on my top rad with the 8 fans, at around 7v (so around 900RPM) and my temps dropped to 38 degrees.

Lastly I turned on the bottom fans on my two rads and the temps then dropped to 28 degrees, shows just how much a good clean out gives your PC.

Upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM yesterday.

Now have a Gigabyte X99-SOC Champion board
Kingston Predator 4x4GB 3000mhz DDR4 RAM
Intel 5930K CPU

Gave me the excuse to clean my loop and put new fluid in and clean all my fans and rads.

I also had to swap some fittings around as the 90 degree fittings on my CPU block were a problem with Kingston's tall headspeaders, so switch to 45 degree fittings.

The fittings dont look quite as nice as the 90 degree ones, but meh.

Last edited:
I have installed a 1TB Evo 850 drive and a 250GB Evo 850 Drive
Also have 4TB of mech storage installed too.

2 x 980s installed too not too long ago :) So this is a top spec rig yet again :)

I have decided it needs some new lighting as the old lighting was installed on behind my old motherboard and it came off when I removed the board and fitted my new one.

Not too sure what to get at the moment though.

Time for an upgrade

gtx1.jpg

Interested in how it looks, imagine you'll do a bit of a spring clean and have changed some other things since the last pics? :cool:

I've never fully understood why they cover so much of the rear PCB with some of the EK blocks, the plastic isn't near the water so isn't 'cool' leaving the rear capacitors (right side of pics) 'shielded' from any possible light airflow in a water looped case... :confused::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom