Project log: ''Make it up as i go along'' ( more airbushing)

Caporegime
Now i've read the last 2 mods you did, but being a lurker on this board never posted my opinion. At last i've decided to join in, you have an amazing talent mate, you're work just makes my jaw drop :eek:

Soldato
OP
right gonna get soem work done today.
just been full of busy lately.
the whole kitchen has brioken down lol so ive had to wait in for british gas to come
i had to goto the dentist yesterday and my whole head was numb til 9PM lol

xmas shopping etc etc.

anyway. im nto gonna admit to thinking this one up because social services will be at my door lol !
but on the opposite side to the reaper im thinking of having 3 heads on steaks. going from 'fresh' to not so fresh, to a skull.

cant find the reference im lookign for, although i do have a few sketches i done in shcool.

Don
R B CUSTOMS said:
right gonna get soem work done today.
just been full of busy lately.
the whole kitchen has brioken down lol so ive had to wait in for british gas to come
i had to goto the dentist yesterday and my whole head was numb til 9PM lol

xmas shopping etc etc.

anyway. im nto gonna admit to thinking this one up because social services will be at my door lol !
but on the opposite side to the reaper im thinking of having 3 heads on steaks. going from 'fresh' to not so fresh, to a skull.

cant find the reference im lookign for, although i do have a few sketches i done in shcool.

Cool mate keep going :) I can't wait to see the finished article :)

Stelly

Associate
looks proper mint that mate, looked at first pictures u posted and i thought that black case with green lines looked good, but now it amazing.
Do you do this as a job also, or is it just a hobby?

Soldato
OP
RickyDVT said:
looks proper mint that mate, looked at first pictures u posted and i thought that black case with green lines looked good, but now it amazing.
Do you do this as a job also, or is it just a hobby?

cheers
a little bit of both, but more hobby i guess.

its come to a grinding halt today as i cannot find my keys !!

Associate
RB have you never thought of doing these cases to order? You could make some good money doing these i reckon, looking on these forums people seem to be closely obsessed with what there case looks like! and having case looking as cool as yours do would be mint!
I know its time consuming doing them, but i know i wouldnt mind waiting for one if i had the money! lol. :D

Soldato
OP
cs718paint048smallxk6.jpg

cs718paint049smallbk2.jpg

cs718paint052smalljr2.jpg

cs718paint050smallsh3.jpg

Soldato
OP
some possible reference: a drawing i done back in school :O

cs718paint047smallef6.jpg

random google image reference:
newsbacktoschool2smallrw1.jpg

blade so far:
cs718paint053smallxr5.jpg

i might take the idea of the metal bands and socket on the hand grip though :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
dwarf said:
Looks amazing. Are the bits in the bottom left just where you have been testing your airbrush out?

correctemundo.
the brush, over time gathers dried paint and other stuff so sometimes you need to test before usign it on the acctualy piece !
or if i need to set a line width up right ill test it down there.

Soldato
Sorry for being a nit-picker but the scale of the sythe (and especially its grip) is all wrong - makes it look like a sickle :o

The 'stem & grip' should be much lower down (out side the visable area) But there nothing wrong about holding the 'snach' (shaft to most people) when holding a sythe upright on it's end.

scythe.jpg

Image of real one - note that due to the curve, a stem is not required to ofset the grip

sythe2.sized.jpg

That said I still love it :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
shadowscotland said:
Sorry for being a nit-picker but the scale of the sythe (and especially its grip) is all wrong - makes it look like a sickle :o

The 'stem & grip' should be much lower down (out side the visable area) But there nothing wrong about holding the 'snach' (shaft to most people) when holding a sythe upright on it's end.
snip

Image of real one - note that due to the curve, a stem is not required to ofset the grip
snip

That said I still love it :D

lol i just made it up :O
a such shaped stick is very hard to position right on a piece like this, so one must use a certain degree of artistic license just to make it look pleasing or normal.
i aggree the grip really is a long long way down the snatch, but it just wouldnt look right without it i think.
then again i could photoshop it and see. but i believe in order to make soemthign look 'right' to laymen, you have to use artistic license.
hell a dentist would FREAK if he saw this !

the skull shouldnt look like it does. skulls dont look like that !

the last one i did i had the blae coming out the top of the shaft, like on those 2 pictures, but this one i wanted a more hand crafted look so made it with rope bindings, so i know that wrong ><

i do know what your saying though and i appreiciate your honesty and oppinion. but i think i will go with what i think works with this one :)

form a head on angle id looks better i think:
cs718paint036smalluf0.jpg

Soldato
OP
some more work on the blade. im going for an old crooked luck, a one which would not slice a head in one cut but a few hacks... lovely ehy ?
cs718paint054smallpq9.jpg

no harsh comments on that part yet loo its under construction

Back
Top Bottom