Project: Need your thoughts/ideas

Soldato
OP
When I got the black for the outside I didn't get the interior paint as I was unsure yet what colour to go for, I definately want a smoother finish than the outside will have.

Associate
I was just thinking that, for example, if you went white inside, you could add accented detail by painting small items like that cage you made in black. Would make it more interesting and break up the colours a bit.

Soldato
OP
Thats a neat idea, I could pick out objects that could be featured with black. Do you think the overal colour though (inside case, motherboard tray) would be best being white?

Associate
Not really sure, it can be difficult to find a pure white that doesnt look dull. I think Arctic White is the purest white you can get, but it may show up dust quite a bit.

But then again, if you went for white, it would look one of a kind and potentially look amazing. You could always get a tin of white and spray some scrap metal, see what it comes out like. Then spray another piece black, and see how well they contrast each other.

Associate
Pretty much yeah. Not sure if the colour of the primer matters but I've never used white (apart from with a brush for pinstripes) but I guess white primer would be the way to fly.

Soldato
OP
Btw the above panel I painted I used red primer. Grey is probably better but I had some here didn't see the point in spending another fiver. Initially I'm going to be keeping both panels as they are (window-less). The only illumination I am having will be in both the bottom and the top fans on the front. Going to use Yate Loon 120mm LED case fans :) (they are blue)

Soldato
OP
caeteez said:
Not really sure, it can be difficult to find a pure white that doesnt look dull. I think Arctic White is the purest white you can get, but it may show up dust quite a bit.

But then again, if you went for white, it would look one of a kind and potentially look amazing. You could always get a tin of white and spray some scrap metal, see what it comes out like. Then spray another piece black, and see how well they contrast each other.
Caeteez, bought some black satin paint spray today to replace the matt spray I bought the other day (its unsuitable - too rough). What would you suggest in the white spray - gloss, satin or matt?

Soldato
mishima said:
Caeteez, bought some black satin paint spray today to replace the matt spray I bought the other day (its unsuitable - too rough). What would you suggest in the white spray - gloss, satin or matt?
Satin is good internally imo, depends on how many light sources you will have in there. In fact, always go satin imo, if you decide you need more of a shine you can flat it and lacquer on top.
I would use car paints, they tend to be more durable and have a better finish. If you are spraying plastic with it though I would recommend using a specific plastic primer.

Associate
Yeah, as above.

Gloss white can be a little glaring and overly shiny. Best off applying the satin then if not happy, applying a clear coat.

Having said that, matte white may look alright, but it can look a little 'dirty', if ya get my drift.

Soldato
OP
Well in my quest for the perforated steel I finally found some, I had seen some on a stores website so I was passing a store of theirs today and popped in. They had the sheets I wanted and I have just measured them up and they are perfect, didn't even have to cut them or anything check this fit (this is not stuck in place):

perfectfit.jpg

Soldato
OP
Got a really busy week so I'm going to have to try and fit the project around work. Only have a few hours here and there, Next thing to do is start cutting and giving some of the items a spray.

Soldato
OP
Pretty mint eh? Can't wait to get this project underway now. I got it from that place I told you about, superb stuff only a few quid per sheet too. I would get some if I were you mate.

Back
Top Bottom