Project: Need your thoughts/ideas

Soldato
OP
I think you're right. It's going to be hard spraying the insides though with the little cavities and things around the motherboard input/output and optical drive bay area. Any tips?

Soldato
re. paint, if you do black go for satin. I did my side panels in gloss black and didnt like it, its just too much shine for a panel that big. So I took it back to the primer and started again. I'll put some pics up when I get my reader installed. Its coming along nicely dude.

Soldato
OP
Thanks bud. Yeah I have both the white and black in satin so should be good, tested them out already and they have nice finishes.

Question: The roof of my case I sprayed with BBQ black matt spray and of course I want to get rid of that and use the Black Satin spray I now have so all panels are the same. What should I do with the existing paint?

Soldato
OP
Ok cheers, I probably have one of these in the garage. There's quite a few coats under it so it would take a long time manually:

case.mod.paint.2.gif

Going to use a light coat of primer inside the case, on top of the sanded surfaces.

Soldato
OP
Haven't got a clue mate, I just nick all my dads tools he has loads lol. I'm sure I have seen him using one before, you can fit different sheets to it and it basically just does the job a lot quicker without the need to apply pressure.

Soldato
OP
Ok. Here is my first phase of spraying. I'm quite pleased with the results, there are some spots that need a little more attention but I ran out of spray so I will need to purchase some more - this also allows me to perhaps pay a little more attention to the areas I was going to leave out (areas that are concealed and won't be seen and the areas you can see that have red primer on).

interiorspray01.jpg
interiorspray02.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah very pleased. Left it for a few hours and it seems to have a thin layer of powder on the surface that comes off. I thought satin was suppose to be silky texture?

Soldato
OP
Get it out and mod it! This project has been really fun, going to miss the various things I have done when I finish it. I might have to do another one some other time.

I have one of those Scythe's on its way, look great don't they? Thanks for the review :)

Soldato
OP
Been thinking tonight of an additional feature I could implement into this project. I would like to introduce some sort of cable management tunnel/cavity so that cable running from the PSU can be pinned along the walls of the case and hidden out of sight. This is only rough (looks rubbish) but this is the sort of thing I'm talking about. A metal tube, tunnel, cavity fixed on the corner of the case running down.

cabletunnel.jpg

Soldato
OP
My white spray was Plastic-Kote Satin Super from wilko's £5 I think. The Satin black I got from Halfords for £6. Much bigger canister though.

Back
Top Bottom