Project "Paint it Black"

Associate
Just installed my 4930k and it made a big improvement. It looks like IB-E CPUs could be stronger when it comes to running 4 x 290Xs but I need time to test some more.

Can't wait for you to confirm this. I found a seller for a cheap 4930k.

When you confirm its because of the CPU, I pull the trigger. :cool:

Associate
Interesting, I presume you didn't have problems with Sandy-E in your 4-Titans system? Seems strange that 4 290s cause issues with the CPU, I guess it's something to do with the huge power consumption of the 290s or issues with CF but I'm not sure. Look forward to seeing if it definitely is a case of Ivy-E being much stronger to deal with the 290s over Sandy-E.

Man of Honour
OP
Interesting, I presume you didn't have problems with Sandy-E in your 4-Titans system? Seems strange that 4 290s cause issues with the CPU, I guess it's something to do with the huge power consumption of the 290s or issues with CF but I'm not sure. Look forward to seeing if it definitely is a case of Ivy-E being much stronger to deal with the 290s over Sandy-E.

The Titans are still going strong with a 3930k, I suspect the problem with the 290Xs is CF being handled by the PCI-E slots. I don't think it is a problem with power consumption as the system even crashed when I was installing windows for the first time with the 3970X.

Associate
Tried it on multi player too and still hitting the 200fps cap.:D

At the moment I am half way through fitting waterblocks to the cards.

I see you touch rank #4 on FS Extreme. :eek:

I'm installing my 4930k today, I'm also looking to get 16GB of 2666Mhz Ram for it. I'll see what my 2133Mhz Corsair Dom GT will do.

Man of Honour
OP
Just finishing putting the last waterblock on and I found a problem, see if anyone can spot it

cbsh.jpg

0afm.jpg

Yes Kaapstad has got a screw loose, actually it was two but I had one spare one.

When I looked at the top of the last waterblock I noticed it only had one screw holding the top on instead of the three it should have had, most annoying.

I think I will be on the phone on Monday morning.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom