Project:- R3s

Soldato
OP
yeah, but if you look closely you'll see a hard drive, that's where my ssd and wd 640gb caviar black are, on top of the rad :p and my 1tb drive is hidden behind the rad, follow the red sata cable to find that :p

Soldato
OP
I got my new psu a couple of days ago :D I have since modded it and here it is :)

Before:

DSC_0020.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

with it's top off :p

DSC_0021.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

Here are the connectors for the original fan, it has a, quite literaly, rgb led fan with a switch to switch between the leds being of, green, red or blue, but I decided that since I wanted the fan to have a constant brightness on the leds, that I wouldn't splice the connections and I just took out the main fan connector along with the switch:

DSC_0028.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

the main fan connector:

DSC_0039.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

all done :) (I will braid the fan connector in the future, but just now you can't see it at all when installed in the case :)

DSC_0044.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

pic of it running with my pump along beside it :)

DSC_0064.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

and a pic of my whole system with the new psu, a xigmatek fan in the back (I decided that I wanted some more orange in the rig, I plan on changing the front fans too) and I also took out the pull fans :)

DSC_0060.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
Well this is a very long awaited update isn't it? :p

since my last post, I have gotten an i5 3570k, a corsair force 3 120gb and a silverstone strider 1Kw (my mushkin one died, then so did my old xfx)

well, there are only two pics, but it shows my rig with all these upgrades, and two of my custom bitfenix spectre/xigmatek xlf hybrid fans (outer part is the spectre, and the blades are from the xigmateks) these are in the roof exhausting, so, here you go guys :D

My rig in all its' glory :D

DSC_0329.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

my whole setup, now tidied, with my room re-decorated :)

DSC_0352.jpg by Kieran Horne, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
thanks :D yeah, this will probably be the final version of the rig, as my next upgrade will be my case :)

edit - just saw a storm trooper on b grade for £67!, I've been waiting for the white model, but at that price I was crazy to let the fact that it's black put me off!! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Next you will find something else cheap you want, and something else then something else, then you will be out of pocket and on the street hugging your PC asking passerby to plug it in for you with a extra long extension cable.

Associate
Yessir, white and orange coolant looks great, I have the black case with titanium front, though orange might still work in a weird way :)

Back
Top Bottom