Project: Scorpidian (Corsair Obsidian 800D)

Associate
OP
Still considering changing the 24pin cable to all black. The blue looks awesome under UV, just without it, it looks a bit odd.

sam0101.jpg

sam0083.jpg

Picture of the UV partially lit up. 2 out of 4 of the UV tubes fried themselves, go figure lol So I need to buy some more of them.

sam0078.jpg

sam0117o.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
[Death];16019690 said:
u got the air sucking through the top and out back or straight out the top?

I have the cold air being pulled from the outside, through the rad, into the case, which is then exhausted out the back fan. I am merely testing it atm, if I encounter any horrible performance then I will switch the fans on the rad the other way around. But all the fans I have are relatively low RPM so it doesn't make "that" much of a difference what way I do it.

Soldato
That case is really (really, really)nice and all, but I still think at £200 it's a bit much. If it was £150 it would be better. Nice build.

Associate
Keep the atx cable as it is, the blue matches your watercooling loop under the UV lights! and black would just look out of place. That Zalaman controller was made to go on the front of that case!. Looking good chap

Associate
OP
Got my PSU back, and I now have the case sitting on my desk properly as I had to tidy my room, it was turning into a right mess what with boxers and pc gear everywhere lol - Just need to de-dust the place!

Really think the Enermax PSU matches perfectly with the Akasa sound proof mat :).

sam0192.jpg

The Cathode tubes aren't fixed because the Velcro pads were hopeless and just kept falling down, so my brother is lending me some double sided sticky tape which will hopefully do the job!

sam0191.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Haha the psu and sound pad actually match spot on :eek: Looking forward to seeing the end of this build. What you planning to go with mobo wise? gigabyte because it will match your color scheme or the new Asus when it's released ?

Associate
OP
Haha the psu and sound pad actually match spot on :eek: Looking forward to seeing the end of this build. What you planning to go with mobo wise? gigabyte because it will match your color scheme or the new Asus when it's released ?

Atm I'm looking at the following 3:

ASUS Rampage III
Gigabyte UD7
MSI Big Bang XPower

Just need to wait until they are all available to decide which one :).

Associate
All great looking boards. I have allways liked the look of the rampage boards but i think the black and blue of the msi board could possibly go a lot better with your color scheme and UV cathodes.

Associate
OP
All great looking boards. I have allways liked the look of the rampage boards but i think the black and blue of the msi board could possibly go a lot better with your color scheme and UV cathodes.

Tbh I'm not that fussed about the looks of the motherboard. I just want the best one I can get. If the Rampage is better than the XPower I will get the Rampage. I will most likely get the Rampage anyway because they are a more mature brand and I like the ASUS's BIOS. MSI are only starting out really when it comes to high end and I also hear their BIOS's aren't as reliable.

Associate
OP
Sorry! I totally forgot about this thread haha, I have finished the build now, and it's completely different, went away from the blue/purple look and now have a red/black look. I will update this thread with some new pictures some time next week, I haven't got a camera atm and won't have it back until friday, so I will most likely update with pictures next saturday :). Overall I am exceptionally pleased with the build, the only thing I haven't yet upgraded is the graphics cards and an SSD, graphics will most likely be a GTX 495 when it is released, I am hoping it will be a dual 460 on one PCB which I can WC, if not I will SLI 2x 460s. As for an SSD I am holding off until the next wave of them as prices are too high for me to consider as I want a 256GB+ version.

Currently have my i7 clocked at 4.03GHz (19x212), I have also had it stable at 4.2GHz (21x200), I can get 4.3-4.4GHz stable as well but it requires more vcore than I am prepared to give (1.45V+). When entering slow mode on the QPI link I have managed to get 4.8GHz (hyperthreading on, 21x230) to post, although getting it windows stable once again required too much voltage, I may try a 4.8GHz clock without hyperthreading later on, but I will most likely stick with either the 4GHz or 4.2GHz overclock.

I also purchased myself an R3E EK block for my Rampage III Extreme, brought the temps down from 50C idle/ 70C max load, to 33C idle / 40C max load on the IOH/ICH temps.

Will update later on with detailed pictures and specs! :cool:

Thanks for the support too :).

Back
Top Bottom