Project: Si7ence #2

Soldato
Old build kind of ground to a halt but things are now picking up and this project is back on its way, its changed so much since it first started I thought it would be worthy of a new thread for it :)

Outlining the spec at the moment:

Case: Lian Li V2000
Mobo: Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
CPU: i7 920 D0 Stepping
RAM: 12gb 1600Mhz Dominator
HDD: 2x500gb HDDs in Raid0 + 1tb storage drive (waiting on new SSD releases but will be 2x64gb SSD's in Raid0 replacing the 500gb's)
GFX: 4870x2 in RMA, 8800GTX standing in
PSU: BeQuiet 1200w Modular PSU
Fan Controller: Big NG
Sound: Asus Xonar DX + Z680

Cooling will be done by water of course :D

CPU and board loop:

CPU: Heatkiller 3.0 Copper
NB/SB: MIPS NB/SB/NF200
MOSFETS MIPS Mosfet block x2
Rad: Thermochill PA120.4
Pump: DDC 18w
Res: Dual DDC Res Top
Tubing White 3/8 5/8 XSPC Tubing

Graphic card loop:

Rad: Thermochill PA120.2
Pump: DDC 18w
Res: Dual DDC Res Top
Block: EK Full cover GTX Block
Tubing: Blue 3/8 5/8 XSPC Tubing

Fans throughout the build will be Enermax Clusters

All using 3/8 compression fittings and 45/90 degree rotaries where required.

Finally case mods being done:

1. Anodized electric blue externals
2. Powdercoated black internals
3. Mobo tray and midplate cut for cabling and tube routing
4. Side panels having two rad grills cut for the bottom section
5. Right hand panel will have a window mod done to it

Currently the case is away having the above work done on it and is due back in a couple of weeks time

Things I got to do in the mean time...

1. Braid PSU, misc cables - got a choice of black and white braid for this
2. Sort out motherboard - Currently away for RMA and awaiting on a replacement, this is the reason my last project log grinded to a halt :(

Most of the hardware is already acquired and am really just waiting on the motherboards return before I can start getting things under way

Thanks for reading so far, will organise some pictures of the hardware shortly!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
get on it Paul!

Most of it ready to go! Once i get motherboard back anyway...

Like most of my previous build logs I collect all the bits and pieces first and then do it one go, not really progressive over the months like a lot of builds!

At the moment got the following out of the original list:

Case: Lian Li V2000 - GOT
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI motherboard - GOT - but in RMA
CPU: i7 920 D0 Stepping - GOT
RAM: 12gb 1600Mhz Dominator - GOT
HDD: 2x500gb HDDs in Raid0 + 1tb storage drive (waiting on new SSD releases but will be 2x64gb SSD's in Raid0 replacing the 500gb's) - GOT
GFX: 4870x2 - GOT
PSU: BeQuiet 1200w Modular PSU - GOT
Fan Controller: Big NG - GOT
Sound: Asus Xonar DX + Z680 - GOT

Cooling will be done by water of course

CPU and board loop:

CPU: Heatkiller 3.0 Copper - GOT
NB/SB: MIPS SLI chipset Block - GOT
MOSFETS MIPS VRM Block - Coming with case
Rad: Thermochill PA120.4 - Coming with case
Pump: DDC 18w - GOT
Res: Unknown at the moment
Tubing White 3/8 5/8 XSPC Tubing - GOT

Graphic card loop:

Rad: Thermochill PA120.2 - GOT
Pump: DDC 18w - GOT
Res: Unknown at the moment
Block: 4870x2 EK Full cover waterblock - GOT
Tubing: Blue 3/8 5/8 XSPC Tubing - Coming with case

So apart from pics of the various hardware this thread will probably go inactive for a week or two before things develop!

Will get a nice pic of all the hardware together though :D

Soldato
OP
Case is very nearly ready to come back to me, just sourcing some mesh for the bottom rad cuts to the side panels.

RMA still ongoing with the EVGA SLI board, decided to go for the Asus P6T6 Revolution as will match the build a lot better than the EVGA would have done. Pictures of that will come shortly :)

In the mean time have got the PA120.4 come in and also some nice shiny Bitspower fittings:

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

Associate
So we're close to seeing this built up then? Im the same, been collecting parts for my next water loop for a couple of months. could have cut the case and fitted certain parts but prefer doing it all at once :)

That block looks great though!! Did those fittings come from mainland europe? Holland seems to be a common place due to a certain store? Im after some too but keep hearing rumours OCUK are getting some soon so holding off getting them imported.

Associate
WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS!

RoEy

Soldato
OP
So we're close to seeing this built up then? Im the same, been collecting parts for my next water loop for a couple of months. could have cut the case and fitted certain parts but prefer doing it all at once :)

That block looks great though!! Did those fittings come from mainland europe? Holland seems to be a common place due to a certain store? Im after some too but keep hearing rumours OCUK are getting some soon so holding off getting them imported.

The fittings actually come from a UK store :)

Close to being built (been doing mobo loop today) but waiting on case + PSU to come which should be by next week

Wedge said:
Subscribed, tech pron list of parts :)

Jason_AJB said:
Subscribed, can't wait for more pictures :D

Thanks guys :)

RoEy said:
WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS!

RoEy

Hehe, good to see you back mate, hope you had a good break :)

Seeing as you requested so nicely here is a couple of pics of the current CPU loop. Not particularly happy with this loop order so thinking of changing it.

Thinking of doing CPU -> NB -> mosfet by IO plate -> mosfet by CPU but will then mean the mosfet will have a huge run upto the res in the front drive bays :confused:

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Soldato
Really good use of 45's - doing something simular and tubing in that area is a bit manic, so may steal your 45's between mosfet & NB idea (thanks)
End result will be completely different aesthic so no need to worry there. Will be watching with great intrest

Soldato
OP
Really good use of 45's - doing something simular and tubing in that area is a bit manic, so may steal your 45's between mosfet & NB idea (thanks)
End result will be completely different aesthic so no need to worry there. Will be watching with great intrest

Cheers mate :)

Think will be trying out a few different loops before i settle on one to use for the final build but will post them up

Back
Top Bottom