Project: Si7ence #2

Soldato
OP
99% Update

Had a bit of a drama and damaged the CPU socket on my board :rolleyes:, it would work but only discover 2gb of RAM, have since replaced that with a UD7 as fancied a change from always having Asus.

Haven't got many work in progress pics as I have had to snatch time here and there getting bits done so really only got final pictures to show, couple of odd bits here and there left to do so not quite finished 100% yet

In the end I got a Gigabyte UD7 from Brad, very nice board actually and the colours are not as bad as i thought, as was looking for a darker blue, I will get some daylight pics of the build done to show it better.

The other main thing to arrive was the EK Nickel block for the 5970, only got one pic of that already mounted onto the card, which i mounted with the Nickel backplate too, its very nice in the flesh!

IMG_8681.jpg

I kept my blue and white tubing from before and decided to just use stock on board cooling (which is a beast on the the UD7!) for the motherboard, leaving my quad rad just for my CPU

So here are the updated pics of how it looks now:

IMG_8685.jpg

IMG_8687.jpg

IMG_8689.jpg

IMG_8692.jpg

IMG_8693.jpg

Final shot showing I finally got rid of the standard braiding and got some nice pre-braided as a replacement, fits nicely:

IMG_8694.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thought I would update with some clocking results, need to do a full prime blend run using all availiable memory but have got 4.4ghz IBT stable:

4410_15run_Linx.JPG

Will play around with the DVID option in the bios and get speedstep on to reduce voltage under idle, will see how that goes but looking promising so far :)

Soldato
OP
Having trouble getting 4.4ghz fully prime stable, decided to go back to 4.2ghz and get that stable as had yet to try before jumping straight into 4.4ghz (knowing the rough settings from my old board)

Please to say I got it stable at less volts needed than on my Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, really starting to like this Gigabyte board - also note I forgot to change one CPU-Z screen to the Memory tab, was at work when someone at my house took the screenshot for me!

4200mhz_10hr_prime.jpg

Will keep on trying though as was close before!

Back
Top Bottom