Soldato
OP
Very Nice mate :D

Cheers matey :D

Absolutely immense!

Very well done

Cheers Cookeh, glad you like it :)

damn thats sexy, blue and white scheme = <3

mind i'd be worried about the "snugness" of them SSDS there. even with a fan below them.

Maybe the colour scheme has been done a fair bit but I still like it, do love the colour of the case and as its anodized it comes out a nice bright blue in the sunlight and appears a lot darker at night :)

I too had a bit of concern having the SSD there, espcially with the BigNG but it gets airflow across it and the SSD doesn't get warm so happy to leave it there.

Hopefully have the braided 24 pin tomorrow as was out of stock when I ordered it, will get the last few odd jobs done when I put that in and get some finished piccies up

Soldato
OP
Cheers Razor :)

Deadman it is something a bit different, I first saw it done on a V350 which I fell in love with :)

Muel - GPU has been something on my mind for a while, but the 4870x2 is still doing a great job and DX11 is over-rated at the moment in my opinion, maybe in the future move over to 5870 crossfire or 470 SLI, depends on the refresh from ATI as well, could always be waiting!

Anyway updates below :)

95% complete:

Well had a devliery come with a few more bits and pieces come and its nearly all complete now. Replaced the screws on the rear fan with black ones and received some more black Lian Li thumbscrews to complete the rear PCI slots - used some Silverstone vented PCI slots that I had spare from my previous build.

Also gave my DVD drive case a second coat and got that back in there which I think looks quite smart and is something that had bugged me since i first done this build!! Final couple of pieces was to putting in the 24 pin braided extension and fitting the vandal switch. The 24 pin was fine, managed to remove two motherboard screws and squeeze it through the gap, the vandal switch needed the wires extending to reach the motherboard, i then braided over the top of the extension to keep it looking neat

Lo and behold, few more updated pics of how it looks now:

IMG_8534.jpg

This one shows the case with everything fitted but the vandal switch, left this til last as was a massive effort doing it!

IMG_8536.jpg

One final one:

IMG_8540.jpg

Next update below to show near final pics

Soldato
OP
Near Final Pics:

Why near final? Well there is one little thing left to do which was pointed out by a couple of people and I agree which is the SATA power cables need doing, will be ordering a cable to replace this with braided ones which will be in the next couple of days.

That aside I have finally fitted on the side panels for the first time since I started this project!

Side panels need a clean but really chuffed with the finish of it so far:

Vandal Switch in, worked first time:

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg

Window needs a clean!

IMG_8546.jpg

IMG_8547.jpg

The last two you can see a gap in the bottom, this is caused by the rad being raised up so your actually looking through the mesh but then below the rad at that angle, not a lot I can do about that apart from retake the pictures to try and hide it :p

Associate
Nice to see something different. Will try and start my new build log next week.

Why is it that parts always go out of stock just when you realise you want them ? lol

Soldato
OP
98% Complete:

Got a Supreme HF Nickel come through, looks so nice in the flesh :D

IMG_8634.jpg

Nice and shiny too

IMG_8633.jpg

Didn't do any pics fitting it though thanksfully didn't have to take my motherboard out, having the cut out behind it for the backing plate is a godsend for that (had planned to do this at the weekend but couldn't be bothered...)

Loop looks slightly different now due to the inlet and outlet being next to each other horizontally rather than vertically on the HK 3.0 - Kind of like how the tubing lines up now:

IMG_8640.jpg

IMG_8637.jpg

Final shot showing the 5970 there as well, still waiting on a block for that which hopefully will come this week so can put it in at the weekend and draw this project to a close (for a while!)

IMG_8639.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
sweet
i do love EKs marketing. i have compared the original supreme to the HF and cannot tell the difference.
but still amazing looking blocks, should look superb with the 5970 under water too

great photos too btw :)

Soldato
OP
Very very nice mate - looks spot on :D

Cheers TB :D

sweet
i do love EKs marketing. i have compared the original supreme to the HF and cannot tell the difference.
but still amazing looking blocks, should look superb with the 5970 under water too

great photos too btw :)

Thanks, EK are doing some great pieces now, looked at getting the full nickel block but preferred the looks of the nickel+plexi. Have got the EK Nickel 5970 block coming as well to match it,hopefully by end of week.

Cheers for comment about photos too :)

for a moment i wondered how you balanced 2 50p ontop of each other !!!!!

Indeed, very shiny :)

Back
Top Bottom