Project "Simples" TJ07

Man of Honour
OP
As said, heres the final (yeah right) or ok, the current status of the case. There are things I'd like to try out differently, see the end of this post for a list, but I think its the smartest build I've done and one that I am proud of.

So heres the final pics.

The long shot:
P1100239.jpg

Loop layout:
P1100171.jpg

Bling Bling Closeup!
P1100176.jpg

A couple of UV's and a darkened room.. ooh purdey.. )
P1100258.jpg

P1100261.jpg

In situ next to my desk.
P1100264.jpg

So we come to the end.. for now.

As with all builds, you rarely finish completely, there is always something left to do, improvements you think of, mistakes that you made. So it is with this build.

Things that fall into those categories:

• I'd like to finalise the bezel fittings on the front, currently they are friction fit which works really well, but I'll probably try and find a more permanent solution later
  • The placement of the lighting isn't ideal
  • I'll try and rearrange the PSU cables in the base to clear air flow
  • On the concept of airflow, perhaps a fan in the custom grill I made
  • Speaking of the grill, try and find an original Silverstone square hole secondary psu grill
  • Try with the radiators pulling air into the case, combined with an exhaust fan on the secondary psu grill see if temps can be improved.
  • Remove unnecessary anti-kink coils

Thanks for watching and commenting, I hope you got as much out of it as I did :)

Last edited:
Associate
Just an asthetics thing, but personally I would probably put the anti-kink coil things round all the pipes, I think it would look nicer with them all the same, especially with one of them finishing half way down one of the pipes...

Man of Honour
OP
Just an asthetics thing, but personally I would probably put the anti-kink coil things round all the pipes, I think it would look nicer with them all the same, especially with one of them finishing half way down one of the pipes...

Agreed, at the time I was overly paranoid about kinking, now I realise I only need them down where the tubing meets the radiator fittings as thats where the only tightish bends are.

What I'll probably do is remove them altogether next time strip it down.

Soldato
Loving this build. :) Been considering making the leap to getting my TJ07 wet as well recently. :p

Would you mind me asking what make the radiator mounts are? As well as how well they make the rads line up with the grills in the side panels? :)

Man of Honour
OP
They are made & sold by a competitor so I can't really say unfortunately. Line up perfectly as far as they look by eye.

Back
Top Bottom