Project; Turbo GSXR Slingshot

Associate
OP
Looks better on yours then it would have done on mine.

The build is coming along very very nice!! Now when your done if you could drop it back to me :D

Yea sure, it'll have gained a few bits though!

Do you know what year it was from so I can find a light for it?!

:D

Associate
OP
Its been a while I know!

Been learning to use Autocad to draw stuff up that I want making, I give this to my housemate who writes the program and makes it! Its cool having a mill in the shed!!

So far only altered this drawing so it has a point for a bracket on the right of the pic, this is the turbo exhaust flange and will help hold the turbo up with a sliding pin.

Untitled1.png

Drew this up the other day, its the bracket to hold the K series clocks and boost gauge, it bolts under the top yoke and will have 2 bends in it so it fits the clocks and holds them at the right angle.

Untitled.png

Started to get a list together for the loom, thats the next step now. Got a Bandit 6 speedo pick up etc coming, some decent switch gear and a rear light. Got to get the relays ordered and mounted along with the battery, I have to mount and pipe the oil cooler first though.

In short, ive not done much over the christmas break!! The pc has had an upgrade as well and kinda taken a little more cash than id planned, the upgrade bug strikes again!!

Associate
OP
Autocad always impresses me. perhaps im sad

I love it, weirdly ive enjoyed learning to use it and enjoy using it...

Turbo flange was made today, they'll be a sliding pin type bearing in the top hole which will sit in a (yet to be drawn and made) ally bracket welded to the frame.

2011-12-31160325.jpg

VBN

VBN

Associate
Wow its a long time since I updated this, the bike has taken on a new cooler look!!

Now for fairing pics!
Since getting the 1100wp ive fell for the looks even more, this makes it much better in my opinion

Looks fab mate. I'd say the fairing is from an 750/1100 M judging by the paint job. I had one way back and it was the most awesome looking thing on the road.

VBN

VBN

Associate
1100m (last of the air/oil cooled)

I had the 750m and wish i never sold it!

Ah man after my own heart, I loved my 750m first bike I did a track day on in 93/94 at Castle Coombe. I had a a full Yoshi system and I failed the sound test. Bought some wadding at the onsite shop, one jubilee clip off the preload and a coke can with holes in the end. Got me through the sound test, but it would blow off after a couple of laps!!!

Associate
OP
Well as usual things have changed again!!

Ditched the oil cooler and got a smaller one, more room for the fittings and the rest of the stuff I need to fit in.

Also ditched the carb, going to run EFI with 4 injectors in the plenum and a single throttle body before the turbo, all controlled by a megasquirt system, should be good!

So while I research/save for the EFI ive been playing with some ally

2012-01-22153024.jpg

Can you guess what it is?

2012-01-22160315.jpg

2012-01-22160304.jpg

Bit more trimming and bending

2012-01-22162725.jpg

2012-01-22164629.jpg

2012-01-22165420.jpg

And there I have a little tray for electrical parts!

Its mostly bolted in now but didnt take pics...

Tea Drinker
Don
Nice, I love aluminium, so easy to work with, I've got a FAA / CAA certificate to TIG aluminium although it's probably expired now. Used to use a water cooled Migatronic Dialog wish I had another I was always making and repairing stuff.

Associate
OP
After working with stainless for ages its a dream!!

Im keeping an eye out for a tig welder to learn on but it'd have to be cheap, plus id need to find time as well..

:p

Tea Drinker
Don
The migatronics have the power on the hand set so you can start off low, I think the cheaper ones have controls on the main unit so you have to keep going back and forth, when I buy one will defiantly have controls at hand, I tried one with a foot control but that was just bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom