PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

everyone is so negative. It's a new PCVR headset, an OLED, something people have been asking for since Samsung Odyssey discontinued. Basically a Reverb with an OLED screen and better lenses, and it's going to now cost £350, or £400 with a dongle. lol what is there to moan about?

As a reverb G2 owner, who doesn't play much VR stuff these days and am unwilling to spend more than I paid for the G2, I'm considering getting the PSVR2 to try. It's the OLED panel more than anything that's tempting me. I've been an OLED disciple for years now and almost every screen I use now is OLED. It's those damn blacks! < not racist.

The PSVR2 price is amazing really, I just wonder if the features that have been cut for PC use can be modded back in by someone. Then I think it will be a must...

Last edited:
As a reverb G2 owner, who doesn't play much VR stuff these days and am unwilling to spend more than I paid for the G2, I'm considering getting the PSVR2 to try. It's the OLED panel more than anything that's tempting me. I've been an OLED disciple for years now and almost every screen I use now is OLED. It's those damn blacks! < not racist.

The PSVR2 price is amazing really, I just wonder if the features that have been cut for PC use can be modded back in by someone. Then I think it will be a must...
I’m basically in the same position and I bought one today for £330 and I’m quite impressed from a quick go. GT7 looks great in VR, the colours seemed more vibrant than the G2 and the blacks are noticeably better but as you’d expect the picture quality felt similar. It’s not a huge upgrade but at £330 it seems cheap for what you get. Looking forward to trying some pcvr games on it when the adapter comes out

Last edited:

Feature differences with PS VR2 on PS5

PS VR2 was designed from the ground up specifically for PS5 – so you’ll notice that some key features, like HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback (other than rumble), are not available when playing on PC. However, other high-fidelity and sensory immersion features of PS VR2 are supported, including 4K visuals (2000 x 2040 per eye), 110-degree field of view, finger touch detection, and see-through view, as well as foveated rendering (without eye tracking) and 3D Audio in supported games.***

so does that mean eye tracking on pc isnt avaialble?

yeah, all the good stuff has been nerfed for PC. What are the chances these features could be enabled though, via software hacks by modders? For example, there is absolutely no reason on earth why HDR shouldn't be working. The headset supports it, Windows supports it, Displayport supports it, so why is this feature omitted by default, anyone know?

Last edited:
its a bit odd, considering a lot of people would be gettig these for the eye tracking as example for PCvR
maybe they'll add it later when they see the sails numbers. or maybe as others said its a licence issue, or to try and push ps5

iVRy just released a Beta with less warping distortion profile and PSVR2 looks much sharper. I set SteamVR to 4800x4152 per eye and went through my games I could play with xbox controller.

Elite Dangerous - this is going to be the ultimate headset for this game. It looks amazing in it.
AMS2 - looked 8/10, a little less sharp than I'm used to in the Aero but better than it did last time.
BalisticNG - running 120hz goodness , smooth as.
Skyrim - look like Skyrim to be honest. Will play through this with a good dark dungeon mod on full release.

I tried to load HL:Alyx but couldn't get into the game due to not having controllers configured. Same with Paradise Hotel.

It looks a lot better than last time now the warping is improved. It's basically a OLED Reverb G2 with better lenses, twice as bright and twice the colour saturation.

Bought the PSVR2 recently especially for use with PC aswell, not too fussed about all the missing features that are for PS5 so will be purchasing the dongle as soon as they are available, was fortunate enough to get £215 worth of netflix credit which was advertised as 12 months premium, when redeemed it just put it in my netflix account which was currently set as the basic 4.99 package with ads, keeping it as that ive got 43 months of free netflix :D

I read something about Sony stopping focus on VR, with no more big games in the pipeline, is this the case? Seems a shame this headset looks really good, just a bit too expensive.
You can kind of read between the lines with the lack of titles from Sony and the tacked on PC support. The recent fire sale of PSVR2 headsets too just feels like everyone agreed to clear the idle stock.

Just a thought, will it only be steam games that are supported by the adapter or any pc game? Only reason I ask is the main reason for wanting one is flight sim which I have via game pass ultimate, be a pain if I have to buy it on steam aswell

You can kind of read between the lines with the lack of titles from Sony and the tacked on PC support. The recent fire sale of PSVR2 headsets too just feels like everyone agreed to clear the idle stock.

Seems a shame, we really enjoyed the PSVR1 we had for years. VR is amazing, in the future when headsets shrink down, maybe well see some console augmented sunglasses style glasses. Lightweight and interactive, they could do some amazing things with this tech in time.

I unfortunately agree, there's still some decent third-party stuff coming for it like Metro, but Sony put minimal effort into their first-party games at the start and then announced nothing since. They squandered the opportunity to really push it heavily after launch and then the Quest 3 arrived and everyone realised you could play most of the same games on that anyway.

I don't regret getting mine at the time and I plan to keep it and keep using it, but were I buying a VR headset now I'd get a Q3.

Just a thought, will it only be steam games that are supported by the adapter or any pc game? Only reason I ask is the main reason for wanting one is flight sim which I have via game pass ultimate, be a pain if I have to buy it on steam aswell

Flight Sim uses OpenXR which should use the Steam VR OpenXR driver on PSVR2. Hopefully someone will create an OpenXR toolkit eye tracking driver for PSVR2.

In fact using ReVive you should also be able to play the old Oculus PCVR games too. Lone Echo on the PSVR2 should look amazing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom