PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

This offer of £349.99 is valid 29/07/2024 22:44 - 05/08/2024 22:59 and ends a day before the release of the dongle.

I think that I'm right to assume this headset is wired only to the PS and also for this PC connection to work for PCVR..? So, no wireless option at all within this headset..?

Thanks

Reviews of the PC adapters look quite positive

Looks good. I want to know how it looks compared to the other headsets. I know it's going to blow the Index away, but I'd be interested to see how it compares to a Q3 or Quest Pro.
Also really, bluetooth should have been included in the adapter, though they are pretty cheap to buy.

Looks good. I want to know how it looks compared to the other headsets. I know it's going to blow the Index away, but I'd be interested to see how it compares to a Q3 or Quest Pro.
Also really, bluetooth should have been included in the adapter, though they are pretty cheap to buy.
Saw one guy had problems with his Bluetooth so hopefully there will be some recommendations. Said alyx looked really good and having tried that on the rift s and quest 3 I'm looking forward to how it compares

I too was looking for a direct comparison with the Quest 3, but also factoring the standalone aspect and wireless function of the Quest.
The BT should have been built it, then, it would be more likely to work I assume than the ifs, buts and maybes of trying your own and getting that to work.

The lenses alone make it a far worse proposition in comparison to the Q3, we have both at work and I was absolutely unimpressed with the PSVR2 in comparison, clarity of pancake lenses trump every aspect of it in my opinion, nobody at work sees it otherwise either.

Why do I need a Bluetooth adapter? Pretty much any motherboard has built in Bluetooth

Here you go Rav

Here you go Rav

It's pretty obvious the quest 3 is the better PC headset, it just has a lot more flexibility and a larger game library. However if any cuts the PSVR2 price permanently then that will help

Also the Bluetooth issue makes the psvr2 more or less unusable right now and Sony needs to urgently fix it or they are going to get slaughtered by player reviews. If I didn't see these videos I would not have known, I was gonna go buy the adapter tomorrow, but now I know the controllers won't work so I would have returned the adapter back to the shop for a refund - how many others are going to ask for a refund when their controllers don't work tomorrow

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious the quest 3 is the better PC headset, it just has a lot more flexibility and a larger game library. However if any cuts the PSVR2 price permanently then that will help

Also the Bluetooth issue makes the psvr2 more or less unusable right now and Sony needs to urgently fix it or they are going to get slaughtered by player reviews. If I didn't see these videos I would not have known, I was gonna go buy the adapter tomorrow, but now I know the controllers won't work so I would have returned the adapter back to the shop for a refund - how many others are going to ask for a refund when their controllers don't work tomorrow
How do you know it won't work without testing it first? Anyone having compatibility issues with older adapters will probably just pay the £10 for a new one.

We can always find out, though it would be super annoying if the bluetooth 5.3 adaptor built into my $600, 2 year old motherboard doesn't work

$600 seems a lot of money for a 2 year old motherboard.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

A guy on fb claims the psvr 2 will work on nvidia 27 and amd 600 cards without the adapter by plugging straight Into the USB c, I will put this to the test as soon as I know of a bluetooth dongle that definitely works

Back
Top Bottom