PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

Ordered the adapter but will still need to go buy a display port cable and usb receiver tomorrow

By the way guys, apparently you don't need the adapter if you have a RX6000 or RTX2000 GPU with Virtual Link. You just need to plug the headset into the usb type c virtual link port on the back of your GPU and that's it - no adapter box, no display port cable, no power bricks etc very easy

Adapter has arrived and I've tried to use it with an old DP cable I found.

* First problem is the PSVR2 app will not launch for me, I try to run it but it immediately crashes before it even starts up, so the headset is unusable

- but I also found the fix, this issue happens when the AMD iGPU on my CPu is disabled. For some reason PSVR2 only works when the iGPU is enabled in the bios

* Second problem; the controllers connect to my motherboard Bluetooth but after the psvr2 app starts and doing the setup and calibration the right hand controller keeps disconnecting and while the left controller works, it's incredibly laggy

However despite this issues, the one positive is that image quality. Damn the headset looks much better on PC than it does on the PS5, the text and graphics is super clean and sharp compared to the blurry PS5. I check Steam resolution settings and it was set to automatic resolution and doing 3000x3000 per eye at 90hz

Last edited:
PSVR2 compared against other PCVR headsets like the Reverb G2, Pimax Crystal Light, Bigscreen Beyond and Quest 3!

Still prefer the Q3 I for the wireless, lenses, standalone content, and MR. Looks good though but yes Seb does seem to get excited by most things new (playing Alyx on psvr2 is new).

Another good result for psvr2

It has an excellent FOV, even beating the Valve Index and easily beating the Quest 3

Last edited:
The other thing everyone brings up is how bright it is. Despite not supporting HDR currently on PC, the PSVR2 headset is still significantly brighter than anything else on the market

Another good result for psvr2

It has an excellent FOV, even beating the Valve Index and easily beating the Quest 3

This guy tends to be less than reliable for reviews in a lot of peoples experiences.

He gets q3 HOV at 104, which is probably mid point for reviews, fair enough. He gets psvr2 at 116 HOV, which is ludicrously high! Voodoo has it much much lower (he has q3 at 100, and 108 if you play without face gasket) with psvr2 at 96. Now yes, face shape makes a difference, but I don't think it's seriously going to make 20 degrees of difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7JPAg86MaA&t=231s (voodoo's list of FOV, time correct in the youtube vid).

I fully accept that much like many of the larger youtubers, Tyriel also hypes a lot (though his through the lenses work is simply the best, and hard to argue with), he clearly questions some of MRTV's findings!

70l4uhotshhd1.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom