PS3 to be £425 Official

Associate
lordrobs said:
Nothing against the console itself.

-Doesn't add anything revolutionary
What does the 360 offer that's revolutionary?
Energize said:
The xbox launch, everyone thought "its crap, what is it?" and it hardly sold, so they cut the price by £100.
No one thought it was crap, it had one of the best launches ever for games, Halo, Amped, PGR, Dead or Alive, JSRF, fantastic games. And who said "what is it?". It didn't sell as well as expected, so they cut the price by £100.

Caporegime
Mr Spew said:

No one thought it was crap, it had one of the best launches ever for games, Halo, Amped, PGR, Dead or Alive, JSRF, fantastic games. And who said "what is it?". It didn't sell as well as expected, so they cut the price by £100.

Actually a lot of people thought it was crap at my school, they also asked what it was. It was poorly advertised really making a poor launch. It took a while to gain popularity.

Soldato
Mr Spew said:
Nothing. In buying a 360 I was buying into the next generation, if you like, of games console.

It wasn't meant as an anti PS3 comment simply my reasons for not buying one yet. Give it a few years and I'm sure I'll get one when the price dips below £150. If the PS3 had come out first instead of the 360 with a price tag of up to £300 or there abouts then I'd have bought that instead.

Associate
Energize said:
Actually a lot of people thought it was crap at my school, they also asked what it was. It was poorly advertised really making a poor launch. It took a while to gain popularity.
I presume people that hadn't played it thought it was crap?

It wasn't a great launch in terms of logistics, but it was one of if not THE best launch line-up of games in history.

Caporegime
Mr Spew said:
I presume people that hadn't played it thought it was crap?

Yes because of poor advertising they didnt know anything about it other than it had good graphics or the games out for it so they just shrugged it off and said," gameplay over graphics".

Soldato
just personal opinion... price is very high, but it is a next gen console i suppose...

when the PS3 comes out, i'll more than likely be getting an xbox360 as no doubt the price would have come down a fair whack by then (since it would have been almost a year since release).

i'll wait till the PS3 hits sub £300 before shelling out on one.

Caporegime
Energize said:
Most people cant afford to spend one weeks wages (possibly more) on a console that doesnt come with any games or anything else. People have to pay bills, buy food etc and a lot of people wont be able to afford it. People also dont like paying loads of interest in installments just for a console. So even if they are hardcore gamers and would spend that much money chances are they cant afford it.

It's 6 weeks wages including bills and nothing else for the PS3 without any games. I will be getting one.

Soldato
Another PS3 thread with the usual tiresone Sony bashing brigade throwing in their unsubstantiated views (you know who you are).

The PS3 is a blu-ray player - there's no sign of HD-DVD at the moment and the current cost of a stand alone BR player exceeds the cost of a PS3.

Lets wait and see what happens upon the release of PS3. I'm certain that Sony will reclaim the title of leader in the console market. The Japanese market will ensure that.

The wii is under-specced and relying on gimmicky controls to sell it. Sure Sony has developed a similar mechanism but it carries some GPU muscle with it.

Associate
Domo said:
Another PS3 thread with the usual tiresone Sony bashing brigade throwing in their unsubstantiated views (you know who you are).

The PS3 is a blu-ray player - there's no sign of HD-DVD at the moment and the current cost of a stand alone BR player exceeds the cost of a PS3.

Lets wait and see what happens upon the release of PS3. I'm certain that Sony will reclaim the title of leader in the console market. The Japanese market will ensure that.

The wii is under-specced and relying on gimmicky controls to sell it. Sure Sony has developed a similar mechanism but it carries some GPU muscle with it.
HD-DVD is a big success in the US so far, and BluRay is bombing in Japan - so there's hardly "no sign of HD-DVD".

The current cost of a standalone doesn't exceed the cost of a PS3 since neither are out over here (well, the PS3 isn't out anywhere).

The Japanese market isn't taking the price too well, as said on other forums, the women decide what the money goes on in Japanese households, and 60 000 Yen for a videogame console will not fly.

Caporegime
Domo said:
I'd be happy without a Blu-Ray player thankyou very much.

Domo said:
So it's all about Graphics? I'd rather have great games with good graphics than crap games with great graphics.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
So it's all about Graphics? I'd rather have great games with good graphics than crap games with great graphics.
Yes, as time goes on I like to see increased realism in the graphics which accompany the games I play. IMO the whole 'it's all about the games' philosophy is a bit of a kop out really.

Surely it's down to the games development co. and not the console manufacturer anyway?

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Domo said:

isnt that what peole said about the DS and psp ? So how is that going ?

Arnt you also being a bit of Hypocrite, you complain about people bashing sony then you go on to put down the Wii by calling it "gimmicky"

Last edited:
Soldato
XPE said:
isnt that what peole said about the DS and psp ? So how is that going ?
Granted the DS is running away with sales at the mo. In fact it's given the PSP a good spanking.

And.. erm..

D'oh!

:o

You win

XPE said:
Arnt you also being a bit of Hypocrite, you complain about people bashing sony then you go on to put down the Wii by calling it "gimmicky"
Perhaps - but don't get me wrong. I'm no fanboy. Just tired of the slamming Sony gets here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom