PS3 to be £425 Official

Caporegime
deSade said:
You know that's just not going to happen!!

Most people cant afford to spend one weeks wages (possibly more) on a console that doesnt come with any games or anything else. People have to pay bills, buy food etc and a lot of people wont be able to afford it. People also dont like paying loads of interest in installments just for a console. So even if they are hardcore gamers and would spend that much money chances are they cant afford it.

Soldato
Energize said:
Most people cant afford to spend one weeks wages (possibly more) on a console that doesnt come with any games or anything else. People have to pay bills, buy food etc and a lot of people wont be able to afford it. People also dont like paying loads of interest in installments just for a console. So even if they are hardcore gamers and would spend that much money chances are they cant afford it.
Let's just see if you're right in 6 months time. ;)

Permabanned
Livestrong said:
the question your asking yourself dude is how many are you going to sell on Ebay ;)

As many as I can get but I think loads of people now have the same idea, eBay had 3-4k 360s nearly every week after launch. I think eBay may be flooded to PS3 and I think they will max out at about £600.

Energize said:

We are living in the buy now pay later era, most people will be buying PS3 on Credit or start saving now £70 which isnt to bad

Last edited:
Soldato
AtomicBanana said:
Yes, most of us can afford one - that isn't really the point. It's the principle. Sony is making you pay for a load of crap you don't need to play games, and loads of stuff that may or may not take off. Sony + First Gen blu-ray drive - that's a recipe for reliablity isn't it? ;)QUOTE]

............and look how reliable the X360 was on launch, with its DVD drive and psu overheating problems

Seeing as the blu ray has been available in japan to buy freely for over a year I dont honestly think that part of the hardware will be unreliable , and I have heard no reports of Sony making less reliable equipment against any other electronics manufacturer. Please post proof if you know otherwise

I also think some here have failed to realise how effective brand loyalty is to a number of "joe public". They know lil timmy has a ps2 with a mountain of games, they see a good movie they want on blue ray right next to the ps3 that will look better than their dvd player (due to seeing instore demo on autoplay) on the shiny new tv their other half bought for the world cup .......... ok so they pay £200 more than xbox , but you do get a lot more for your money and "what is an xbox anyway???"

Just trying to be fair is all (I have a 360 already, and yeah I hope to get a ps3 on launch)

Pug

Pug

Soldato
Energize said:
When hardly anyone buys it

hahaha!! hehehehahaaa oooooh, that was funny :D

Preorder or lose out i think the statement will go. If you can walk into a shop on release WEEK and buy one, i'll be pretty gobsmacked. Whether that be due to them all being sold or not many shipped is irrelevant. What Sony bring into the country they'll sell the same day. In fact, they'll have sold them a month or so they release via preorders, and i'd suspect some of the preorders wont be met.

Seriously, it'll sell out - its not like they'll have 55million for the UK to saturate us with, and the few thou that do enter will be snapped up by people who have to have (whatever) first.

Soldato
I can guarantee that you will be able to walk into a shop on Launch day and pick one up ;)

Just because certain retailers don't allow all the stock to be pre-ordered ofcourse :D :p

Caporegime
Pug said:
hahaha!! hehehehahaaa oooooh, that was funny :D

Preorder or lose out i think the statement will go. If you can walk into a shop on release WEEK and buy one, i'll be pretty gobsmacked. Whether that be due to them all being sold or not many shipped is irrelevant. What Sony bring into the country they'll sell the same day. In fact, they'll have sold them a month or so they release via preorders, and i'd suspect some of the preorders wont be met.

Seriously, it'll sell out - its not like they'll have 55million for the UK to saturate us with, and the few thou that do enter will be snapped up by people who have to have (whatever) first.

If you take scale into consideration, you can almost guarantee it will be hardly any.

Associate
Good grief that's expensive - can you imagine a parent having to try to spend that amount of a signle christmas present for little Timmy?!?!?!

360 will be down to something around £225 for the premium by then so i say scrap the PS3 and buy a 360 premium AND a Wii and spend the change on games/a night out :D

Caporegime
deSade said:
I think you're trying to dig yourself out now! ;)

No thats what I always meant, of course they will sell out, on the first shipment at christmas, but once the inital sales have died out, theyll sell very slowly causing sony to drop the prices fast. So if you compare to it the ps2, gamecube and 360 it will be hardly any. And we can laugh at the people who bought it at release for £425 and couldnt do anything with it because there were only 15 launch games and they cost £50 each :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Energize said:
No thats what I always meant, of course they will sell out, on the first shipment at christmas, but once the inital sales have died out, theyll sell very slowly causing sony to drop the prices fast. So if you compare to it the ps2, gamecube and 360 it will be hardly any. And we can laugh at the people who bought it at release for £425 and couldnt do anything with it because there were only 15 launch games and they cost £50 each :D

I cant see it, they will be fully sold well into 2007 just like the 360, a lot of people have held off getting a 360 so they can get a PS3, there will be a massive demand for the PS3 no matter what.

Soldato
Pug said:
Rubbish!

Whingeing about the price does nothing. Opting to speak with your credit cards, and not buy it - thts what changes prices, not whingeing on a forum about the cost... If people dont buy it, Sony will take more of a loss and lop off a huge chunk of the costs. So if you're not happy, dont buy. If people agree its too expensive, they'll not buy them too - and it will come cheaper.
Where did I say it would :confused: I question the price of most expensive items I buy. If I think its reasonable I'll buy it, if not I won't. Simple. For people to agree its too expensive surely they will have questioned the price at some point which is the statement that I made which you described as "Rubbish!" was it not?

In the case of the PS3 I won't be buying it for many reasons and the price can simply be added to that list.

Reading throught this thread proves your last point to be wrong though. Many people are saying that they think its too expensive but will buy one anyway.

I can't see the problem with people questioning the cost of a console or any other purchase for that matter, but in the case of the PS3 if you dare to say that £425 is too much for a games console then your 'whinging'.

Soldato
lordrobs said:
In the case of the PS3 I won't be buying it for many reasons and the price can simply be added to that list.
Not wanting an arguement lordrobs, but what are your 'many reasons' for not buying a PS3?

Soldato
deSade said:
Not wanting an arguement lordrobs, but what are your 'many reasons' for not buying a PS3?
Nothing against the console itself.

-Already owning a 360
-Not having enough gaming time to warrent having two consoles
-Cost of buying games, acessories etc for the two consoles
-The price of the PS3 itself
-No titles that I consider to be 'must have'
-Doesn't add anything revolutionary

So mainly revolving around time and money (in process of buying a house)

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Nothing against the console itself.

-Already owning a 360
-Not having enough gaming time to warrent having two consoles
-Cost of buying games, acessories etc for the two consoles
-The price of the PS3 itself
-No titles that I consider to be 'must have'
-Doesn't add anything revolutionary

So mainly revolving around time and money (in process of buying a house)
Respect - good reasons.

Soldato
For the people who are still moaning about the price, if its worth the money etc. Please stop its getting boring now.. :mad:

Just admit you cant afford it and stop complaining about it... Save your money if you want it that desperate..

No i am not rolling in money and I will be getting it anyway.

In this day and age £425 isnt a lot of money.. Its only half my mortgage a month..

Permabanned
droolinggimp said:
For the people who are still moaning about the price, if its worth the money etc. Please stop its getting boring now.. :mad:

Just admit you cant afford it and stop complaining about it... Save your money if you want it that desperate..

In this day and age £425 isnt a lot of money.. Its only half my mortgage a month..

:o totally missed the point I see.

Soldato
they could've sweetened the deal by offering a game and blue-ray film, but it'll be the other way round PS£+1game+1blue-ray film for £500 - bundles only,

yeah i know you can just buy the console if thats all you signed up for online if you prepared to argue with them, but try telling that to someone instore if you haven't and want one of the shelf, just like the PSP bundles they won't sell it to you, because they make more money on the software rather than the hardware

just hope Sony do the decent thing like MS did when they have to drop the price by £100 so quickly after launch and offer you people something in return because there isn't a hope in hell it'll stay at that price after initial hardcore gamers have brought theirs and if it does then its just commercial
suicide not just for Sony but all the game developers also when no-one buys their software due to a high priced console

Soldato
droolinggimp said:

Everyone here has there right to voice their opinion on the PS3's price.

Personally I've stopped saving for the PS3 now I've seen what the price is, the money will now go toward the new Nintendo console.

Soldato
McManicMan said:
they could've sweetened the deal by offering a game and blue-ray film, but it'll be the other way round PS£+1game+1blue-ray film for £500 - bundles only,

yeah i know you can just buy the console if thats all you signed up for online if you prepared to argue with them, but try telling that to someone instore if you haven't and want one of the shelf, just like the PSP bundles they won't sell it to you, because they make more money on the software rather than the hardware

just hope Sony do the decent thing like MS did when they have to drop the price by £100 so quickly after launch and offer you people something in return because there isn't a hope in hell it'll stay at that price after initial hardcore gamers have brought theirs and if it does then its just commercial
suicide not just for Sony but all the game developers also when no-one buys their software due to a high priced console

sorry ........... when have MS dropped the price by £100???????

No matter what anyone says about the cost of the PS3, the REAL cost of the X360 is a lot more than the street price of the basic model (at the very least you have to add £20 for a memory card or £60-70 for the hdd -which is still a 1/3 of the size that Sony is bundling)

Thats still a better deal I admit, but with the cost of cables and a hidef drive not bundled with basic X360 its not THAT much different

Also look at the release price of the PS2 (£300) the above arguement works more in favour NOW of the PS3 price considering the hdd size etc etc

We will only know whether its ACTUALLY worth it on release day when people have actually tried the day one games, even these will be nothing in comparison to whats released a year from release etc etc ( yes the same goes for X360 games, but competition drives innovation) so I for one say everyone buy both - and if you can afford it a wii as well

Back
Top Bottom