PS4 2TB Hard Drive upgrade: '2TB Seagate Spinpoint M9T' Thread.

Associate
little help guys, ive followed the guide but I'm up restarting the ps4. ive restarted it and done as it says but it just comes up with "the update file cannot be used" any ideas? what file format should the usb stick be saved as, I got one of the newer version Seagate drives but they work ok right? I'm really stuck now.

Caporegime
just about to install this into the new model ps4. the new revision of portable drives are slightly different and they have newer firmware on the drives.

will be nowhere near as fast as my data bank but i'll test it out and see.

Soldato
just about to install this into the new model ps4. the new revision of portable drives are slightly different and they have newer firmware on the drives.

will be nowhere near as fast as my data bank but i'll test it out and see.

I'm really quite surprised that we havn't seen 2Tb SSHD's in the 2.5" form factor yet - it would have been ideal for the PS4. Still rocking on my 750Gb Seagate 7200rpm SSHD lol - running low on space now though, tempted to delete Destiny! :)

Caporegime
I'm really quite surprised that we havn't seen 2Tb SSHD's in the 2.5" form factor yet - it would have been ideal for the PS4. Still rocking on my 750Gb Seagate 7200rpm SSHD lol - running low on space now though, tempted to delete Destiny! :)

my 3.5" 7200rpm 2TB SSHD was lightning fast but incompatible with new model of ps4.

it's not the be all and end all tbh the games aren't designed to utilise the speed unless they have horrendous loading times as it is like GTA.

the biggest difference was installing games. i think i installed over 1TB of games and patches overnight no issues.

Don
Associate
Is the beeping sound too intrusive? I read last year people were saying it sounded like a fire alarm and i am thinking they were exaggerating. I just started deleting things from the hdd so its time for me as well to get one of these 2tb hdds, in fact i was looking for 2 years now to do it but i was scared reading the beeping stories + having a seagate/samsung drive doesn't fill me with confidence.

Soldato
I think I've heard mine beep four or five times since I installed it months ago, it's certainly not intrusive whatsoever and it would be a pretty useless fire alarm at the volume it puts out, it's quieter than the beep the PS4 makes when you turn it on.

Soldato
Is the beeping sound too intrusive? I read last year people were saying it sounded like a fire alarm and i am thinking they were exaggerating. I just started deleting things from the hdd so its time for me as well to get one of these 2tb hdds, in fact i was looking for 2 years now to do it but i was scared reading the beeping stories + having a seagate/samsung drive doesn't fill me with confidence.

It's nowhere near fire alarm loud. :D you can just imagine that.

The one I did have in my PS4 never beeped. My laptop drive does it every now and again but it's not loud. As mentioned it's a lot quieter than the power on beep.

Back
Top Bottom