PS4 pro

Soldato
OP
I've been saying yes/no, yes/no, yes/no for the past four days deciding whether it's worthy of an upgrade to my base PS4. I only have a 1080p TV. But today, I just thought bugger it and got it. I don't like being out of the loop especially with something like Boost Mode which should come in handy.

Well since you only a HD tv would you really the advantage? I've a 4K to

Soldato
OP
Yup you will tell with a 4K and HDR tv.. it not just that the machine is quicker than th Xbox one I had really is..

But now how do I get rid of thst bloody amber light without turning off fully

Caporegime
It depends on your TV/monitor - you need to match it both ends for correct display, if you set it wrong you'll either end up with blacks that are grey or a loss of detail in dark areas (black crush). They both look basically the same when set correctly.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought I'd never go back to console gaming but I can honestly say that PC + PS Pro is a winning combination. Glad I got my PS4 Pro if only for the exclusives and the games that publishers won't release on PC (eg: NHL)

You'll never beat PC with SSD for loading times and for truly beautiful visuals so for anything with a lot of loading screens or that I want maxed out, I'll be buying the PC version.

Associate
I thought I'd never go back to console gaming but I can honestly say that PC + PS Pro is a winning combination. Glad I got my PS4 Pro if only for the exclusives and the games that publishers won't release on PC (eg: NHL)

You'll never beat PC with SSD for loading times and for truly beautiful visuals so for anything with a lot of loading screens or that I want maxed out, I'll be buying the PC version.

Exactly my thoughts also. Most multi platform games will be bought for pc for the better visuals. But having the PS4 pro is great for exclusives.

Soldato
What argument?

It's always been if you TV supports it then set it to full. If it doesn't, then don't.

Simple!

No it's not that obvious, I spent long enough reading trust me because I thought I was missing out. The misconception comes from the full > ltd literal definititions.

I purhcased the KS7000 tv and Digital FOundry setup guide advised to use limited on the PS4 and this matches with other thigns I've read. It's all Japanese to me though, if I change the setttings to match in either limited or full it looks the same to me!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom