PSVR 2, anyone interested?

Associate
Regarding missing out on holiday sales, it could be considered a boon for enthusiasts and families alike. Availability will be enhanced without parents scrabbling around the scalpers looking to please the kids with the hottest tip for home entertainment. For families, not having to worry about the availability of something that will likely be scalped means less disappointment and hopefully money saved with store-front availability.

Associate
Regarding missing out on holiday sales, it could be considered a boon for enthusiasts and families alike. Availability will be enhanced without parents scrabbling around the scalpers looking to please the kids with the hottest tip for home entertainment. For families, not having to worry about the availability of something that will likely be scalped means less disappointment and hopefully money saved with store-front availability.
True in that way it's probably good for us, although it's probably wishful thinking that it won't be sold out instantly and heavily scalped if it doesn't come out for the holiday haha

Associate
Basically anything that advances and creates mass produced quality components for VR is good for all VR.

The more VR consumers the more investment and content is created...

Soldato
Basically anything that advances and creates mass produced quality components for VR is good for all VR.

The more VR consumers the more investment and content is created...

Plus competion forces innovation. You'd have thought that by now Oculus/Meta success with Quest 2 would have driven more competitors, but this doesn't seem to have happened. An Index 2 is sorely needed, as the original is 3 years old and its resolution isn't really adequate any more.

Meta seem to be pivoting away from games to social and productivity, so PSVR2 will add some much needed gaming VR competition.

Associate
Meta is an advertising company first and foremost. Everything they do is about advancing their core business of advertising. Anything else they do is either directly related to that business (Oculus) or predatory behaviour to ensure they retain their lead in one of the vectors they are planning to take on and turn in to advertising. Sony couldn't afford to beat Meta on price. But it can beat them on entertainment. Sony has pedigree in entertainment, something Meta will never achieve.

Associate
Plus competion forces innovation. You'd have thought that by now Oculus/Meta success with Quest 2 would have driven more competitors, but this doesn't seem to have happened. An Index 2 is sorely needed, as the original is 3 years old and its resolution isn't really adequate any more.

Meta seem to be pivoting away from games to social and productivity, so PSVR2 will add some much needed gaming VR competition.
I still see quite a few quest games coming out, Resi evil 4 and lone echo 2 were the biggest vr games last year and both were oculus games

Soldato
OP
I wonder if sony or a third party would make a device/connector that makes the PSVR2 compatible with PCVR or even a wireless module that would do both?

Soldato
I still see quite a few quest games coming out, Resi evil 4 and lone echo 2 were the biggest vr games last year and both were oculus games

RE4 was an amazing exclusive for Meta, and drove a lot of Quest sales. LE2 was one of the best VR games to come out in the last couple of years, yet Meta just dumped it on the store with very little fanfare, as PC is no longer their focus. I imagine it didn't sell very well, which is an incredible shame as the game is amazing.

Associate
RE4 was an amazing exclusive for Meta, and drove a lot of Quest sales. LE2 was one of the best VR games to come out in the last couple of years, yet Meta just dumped it on the store with very little fanfare, as PC is no longer their focus. I imagine it didn't sell very well, which is an incredible shame as the game is amazing.
Yeah I get what you mean with LE2, excellent game (still need to finish it!) But definitely barely advertised which is a great shame

Back
Top Bottom