Psymonkee is getting thinner....

Soldato
OP
Ha, no signal at the hospital!

After 6 hours of waiting I got the all clear - no sign of DVT/clotting! :)

Bad news is my leg is still swollen and have no idea what's wrong with it!

Soldato
OP
Well then. The doctor I saw today thinks I may be suffering from fat necrosis which will apparently go away by itself, likely over a period of months. Awesome.

Not totally sure the infection has gone personally as I still get a burning/stabbing sensation in the out edge of my leg. (The solid lump is on the inside of the leg below the knee)

Ended up with a bunch of co-codamol and told to wait it out. I'm thinking if nothings changed in a month they might be wrong. Again.

Soldato
OP
1 week on and the leg is still painful and feels hot to the touch, especially in comparison to other parts of the leg :(

Think I'll try and see yet another doctor and see if this can't be looked at again, I'm sure this is still infected. Failing that I'll see a vet - at least you can pay a small fee to see them the same day :p

Soldato
OP
Was back at the docs yesterday again. Saw the same GP Registrar who gave me the first course of anti-biotics. She had another look, took my temperature and decided I probably wasn't infected but I insisted.

She gets a 2nd opinion from another doctor who takes a look, feels my leg and says that I need antibiotics for what appears to be lingering cellulits. Victory, kinda.

See how this course pans out as it's still painful to squat which doesn't help when doing Stronglifts :s

Soldato
OP
Not a whole lot tbh. Asked to get reffered to Dermo but they want to wait and see how the antibiotics work first :/

Everything goes so very slowly in the NHS. Wish I had the cash to go private :\

Soldato
OP
Decent improvement but still concern over the heat in my leg and the swelling. Reread the dermo notes and a further 2 weeks of antibiotics. Fingers crossed this does the trick....

In the meantime I'm going to try some light rowing on the machine and see if it still hurts....

Soldato
Good log. I wouldn't bother tryinf carb cycling etc, if you're that big the weight will fall off just by eating healthier food and keeping calories in check (say 30/30/40) carbs/proteins /fats (or around 1/3rd each)

Hope your health improves!

Soldato
OP
From what I did try it was alright to start with but I did struggle to get enough veg/salad down which made things.....uncomfortable at times.

Hoping my leg is better soon as well, got lots of pent up energy and doing arm stuff doesn't really cut it :(

Soldato
OP
Been back at the doctors today and the leg is still tender and got to the touch. Been given a different antibiotic to try this time so I'll see how that goes.

My leg is a little better however in the fact I can now use the rowing machine without pain so I shall be resuming that one I shake this pesky cold I got for my holiday.....

Soldato
OP
So it seems the antibiotic has done little to nothing at all. Awesome. That's Flucloxacillin and Doxycylcline Hyclate that haven't worked.

Going to push for a referral to dermo I think as I still think this is cellulitis that refuses to budge.

The rowing idea kinda fell by the wayside with a few too many things going on after work, hopefully get back on that soon - can't do anymore damage to the leg right? :s

Back
Top Bottom