Pugs New Cinema Build (Double Garage Conversion)

Soldato
Monoprice always seemed weird existence for us in the UK but now seems more robust distribution channels?

Looks good value those subs any reviews?

Soldato
OP
Monoprice always seemed weird existence for us in the UK but now seems more robust distribution channels?

Looks good value those subs any reviews?
Yeah they do, it;'s a strange brand but get superb reviews and people on AVForums swear by them now... so they're certainly up near the top of my list especially for the money but that's for next year. For now, I'll have to make do with what I have, the missus won't be happy with any more spending for 2020 lol

However, if you have any recommendations for subs i the £500 space mate, please let me know as I'm open to suggetions when I upgrade.

Soldato
No particular recommendations for subs sub £500 or really over I'm no expert but from what I gather like anything diminishing returns kick in with subs too where i've seen others say they have to spend three times as much to get tangible feeling of an upgrade.

Soldato
Looks so good, proper home cinema!

Not sure how it stacks up vs the Monolith but for subs I went with the XTZ 12.17 Edge when it was on offer last year it was just over £500 iirc.
Been really impressed with it, goes low and packs a punch for the money. I think two would be incredible.

Soldato
OP
Cheers fellas, much apprectiated... so, I think this is the list of things that need doing and it's still quite a bit, this isn't the end by any means:

1. Carpets on the stairs and the front stage
  2. Fit and paint the sliding doors at the bottom of the stairwell
  3. Finish painting inside the stairwell ceiling and walls ready for the entry film memorbillia
  4. Paint and fit the louvre doors for the boiler and also the full length electric and gas front box to match the room
  5. Furnish with 5 cinema blankets (missus loves having a blanket while watching a film)
  6. Hang my Atmos/Denon and Sony aluminium plates on the walls and also fit some film memoribillia on the walls i.e. pictures etc
  7. The SECRET STUFF which I'm working on... to really make an entrance into the place... you will see this over the coming weeks/month
  8. Professional Calibrator to come in and optimise the PJ and the sound system (he's doing upstairs 75" TV as well)

Soldato
Look forward to the secret stuff :D

With the pro calibration will you get before and after graphs?
Interested in audio calibration over using the receivers built in system.

Soldato
OP
Look forward to the secret stuff :D

With the pro calibration will you get before and after graphs?
Interested in audio calibration over using the receivers built in system.
yeah never had one before myself and all I've done is used the supplied mic and the Audessy setup, not had time to tweak and knowing I'll be needing acoustic panels anyway and anything to get rid of I'm expecting a lot of reccomendations which is fine, this is why I want him, to setup as best he can then tell me what I need to do to achieve the best sound for the room... can't wait to let him get his hands on the PJ as well!!!

Soldato
OP
Great job, sir! Looks comfy-cosy :)

:mad: That saying is reserved for pain in the arse managers who like to throw around buzzwords/phases.
hahaha yeah can't believe I typed it, I've got my work PC right next to this PC and I was flicking between the two... I moan at the misses for saying crap like that, I do appologise for talking **** rofl

Soldato
That looks decent, well done. Shame about the Christmas tree chucked in the way :D but otherwise looks great!

I assume the centre speaker is coming up off the floor?

Also, how much will it cost for someone to come in and calibrate everything? I'm not convinced it's worth it unless it's super-cheap - it's quite fun to do yourself and it's money you can put towards upgrades :)

Back
Top Bottom