Quake champions

V F

V F

Soldato
I seriously despise Sorlag's vomit! Horrible stuff if you get a bit on you then trying to find health before you die.

Amusing the power up ramming speed with some players, LOL! Reminds me of a film... Thud thud thud...

V F

V F

Soldato
Funny how if you've played too many tactical/military shooters and you're pressing r for reload in Quake Champions yet nothing happens.

Man of Honour
Don't have that problem myself I do occasionally find I'm trying to spot players from too much battlefield though LOL.

Soldato
Dm6 gets played a lot for a reason. Good maps are always popular but I agree it can get out of hand.

If they are going to use a lobby system they need a good map voting system like in CoD, preferably where a map is taken out of the vote pool for a few voting periods after a couple of repeat plays. That way more maps get played and it stops things feeling stale with constant DM6. I mean I like DM6 but ive been playing it since 1999. So yeah - had my fill.

V F

V F

Soldato
I remember the voting days even in Q3F and most servers I was on they always picked 2stag2, Chaos, 2mach and Bases. It was rare we got Causeway. Every server was the same hoping to see other maps.

V F

V F

Soldato
I see they've released a new patch. https://mobile.twitter.com/Quake/status/877908736458797056

Patch CBT 11 Notes

UI/HUD:

• Fixed an issue where the Tri-bolt icon was missing from the fraglist
  • Fixed an issue where Scalebearer’s death log ability icon was missing
  • Fixed skippable photosensitivity warning
Custom Game:

• Fixed an issue that would cause spectators to become stuck on the lobby screen if a new match is started before the Spectator transitions out of the previous match.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive challenges progression in a Custom Game
Spectating:

• Fixed an issue where the spectator would see mismatched player outlines
Tech:

• Ping will no longer correlate with FPS, which will now display the true ping value
  • Additional heat map stats added
  • Fixed an issue relating to the Tri-bolt bloom effect in outdoor areas
  • Swear filter temporarily disabled (we know, it’s way too *bleep* strict)
Crash:

• Fixed a crash that could occur during Sacrifice mode if throwing the soul and using one’s ability at the same time

Balancing

Tri-bolt:

• Increased explosion delay to 250ms
  • Increase projectile speed +10m/s
  • Minimum splash damage is set to 5dmg
BJ Blazkowicz:

• Slow firing weapons (RL, RG, SG, TB) now at 1.5x
  • Reduced rate of fire to 1.25x for high rate of fire weapons (Gauntlet, Machinegun, Nailgun, Heavy Machinegun, Super Nailgun, and Lightning Gun)
Sacrifice:

• Round limit upped to 60 mins
Duel:

• Warmup is set to 40 seconds
Known Issues

• Incorrect ping may appear in second round
  • Spectator in fly camera won’t see splash screen between rounds
  • Window resize can break spectators HUD

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Ugh, this patch feels no different and I still cannot understand this game. While it was nice railing with 10 ping I couldn't hit anyone with the other weapons. While others were obliterating me with their high pings. Then another server I was on with 90 ping and killing every target. This makes no sense.

Man of Honour
Ugh, this patch feels no different and I still cannot understand this game. While it was nice railing with 10 ping I couldn't hit anyone with the other weapons. While others were obliterating me with their high pings. Then another server I was on with 90 ping and killing every target. This makes no sense.

One of the main reasons I've not been playing (that and work keeps getting in the way) kind of just waiting now to see if they patch it into something half consistent.

V F

V F

Soldato
Is it the lack of players that causes the poor matchmaking? I'm finding I'm coming across lots of crazy high level players. One I saw two nights ago level 86. :eek: I got obliterated by that player.

Some games are spammy while some I find very little action.

I see Youtube doesn't like 1920x1200.

Soldato
So i downloaded it yesterday ready to play this evening after work, i get in load up the battle.net clone and itw lost the game and is redownloading it from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom