Quake champions

Man of Honour
Generally doesn't make much odds - some tweaks can help if you are on a very slow link (sub 100kbit) or your default NIC settings are balanced massively towards large file transfers at the expense of latency or broken receive window scaling stuff.

If your NIC has excessive power saving/eco options then disabling them can help as on some the NIC will sometimes go into a very low power mode dynamically which can sometimes cause micro spikes in latency in games when it takes a frame or two to go back to normal operation.

If your ISP has odd MTU settings then tweaking that appropriately can help a bit.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Hmmmm in the latest games I've played, there seems to always be someone in there winning 35-3, 40-5 etc. Also, previously I was winning quite a few games or regularly in 2nd place. Coming in the bottom half most of the time now, either everyone's getting better or something's changed in the latest update. I only play as Ranger, tried the others but Ranger is still my favorite.

Man of Honour
Beta 7 live - though they seem to have "tightened" up the netcode a bit its quite odd - the knock back when a high pinger shoots at me is insane I'm litterally bouncing like a rubber ball.

I know its a beta and work in progress and all but its not really very inspiring at this point.

V F

V F

Soldato
I wish there was a way to dial in the mouse settings without getting obliterated. Can't seem to find a nice sensitivity yet but not far off. As I'm starting to track better with the machine gun but I'm still getting whipped by higher pinged players.

That and I need to properly setup the desk.

Can you add friends to a list within the game?

Soldato
I have given up on this for now.

It seems clear it wont be the game I want it to be. Thats fine, it just wont be for me.

Im just going to wait till release and then try again.

Associate
Beta 7 live - though they seem to have "tightened" up the netcode a bit its quite odd - the knock back when a high pinger shoots at me is insane I'm litterally bouncing like a rubber ball.

I know its a beta and work in progress and all but its not really very inspiring at this point.
I played it briefly today and noticed the hit detection on LG for example was better. It also seems like they tweaked the hit boxes maybe.

Don't confuse weapon knock back with net code, they can be changed independently. :)

At end of the day it's a beta. They are changing things to see people's reactions. That's fine in my book.

Man of Honour
Hits from high ping players were knocking me about a lot more than low ping players - high ping player shooting me with NG from close range for instance and I was literally bouncing around like a rubber ball almost impossible to do anything.

Man of Honour
Mine is pretty much inline with what I get in other games - generally 8-10ms - beta 5 or so it was fine aside from railgun hit reg but this round its unplayable - never get the same result twice shooting with the RL for instance.

Man of Honour
Whelp the game is getting absolutely savaged everywhere - id needs to pull it really until they can fix the "netcode" and address 1-2 other top complaints lol.

V F

V F

Soldato
The pings were horrible last night. In the 40s. Though it was fun now I have dialled in the mouse settings but the pings were atrocious.

Are you level 2 in the game so far? Rroff level 7? Or some others with the same handles...

Soldato
My handle is Buffet__ i think. Cant remember.

My beta forum name is BuffetSlay3r

No clue what level I am now. I havent logged in for ages. Think I was like level 5 or 6 but dont quote me.

Man of Honour
Yeah I play as Rroff - level 7 I think last I looked - been too busy with work to sit down and play much lately.

Back
Top Bottom