Quake champions

V F

V F

Soldato
Have they sorted netcode and balancing yet?

No. :/

I get absolutely obliterated with low ping vs on high ping servers. Yet I can be placed with lots of single digit players or a whole bunch of 50 - 80 rank plus.

It is getting better but not good enough.

Soldato
not had any problems with netcode rails hit where i aim rockets splash can he weird sometimes but nothing that bothers me.. only problem i get is a few FPS lag at start of map for a few secs then its smooth as silk!

but i play all on low @ 3440x1440p

Man of Honour
I've found it highly inconsistent - I can be matched against the same players twice in a row and have a totally different experience - one round I'm railing them effortlessly, etc. the next round its like I need to do twice as much to kill them and some weirdness where it is like I suddenly die as if they'd actually killed me 3 seconds back (kind of hard to explain).

V F

V F

Soldato
Like being behind a corner or entrance and they still rail you? Where are the OcUK'ers for Quake Champions anyhow... I'm having to play with Americans for good fun games.

Man of Honour
Nah I'm not that bothered about the damage delay due to backwards reconciliation - I can accommodate that in my gameplay - its that I'll jump into firefight decently stacked from what seems like a position of advantage and feel like I'm winning and then its like the game kind of jumps like its resyncing and suddenly I'm dead impossibly quickly like they'd actually killed me in a completely different scenario - kind of hard to explain. Its definitely not due to any packet loss, etc. on my end.

V F

V F

Soldato
I cannot workout the latency in this game because nothing makes sense in it unlike other games. I seem to play worse with low ping vs high pings. This doesn't happen with other games.

20 feels like 90 and 90 feels like 20.

Soldato
No. :/

I get absolutely obliterated with low ping vs on high ping servers. Yet I can be placed with lots of single digit players or a whole bunch of 50 - 80 rank plus.

It is getting better but not good enough.

Shame. Theres a lot of potential in QC. I hope they manage to realise it soon. Otherwise i think the ship will sail on it.

V F

V F

Soldato
The ship sailing could already be happening. So many people are arranging custom games and invites over the global chat while the game searching/match making ticks away as more and more try to find games. If it is even that. Private matches everywhere. I'm jumping into their games as well building a regular player playing list.

Lots of complaints scattered all over the forums. https://bethesda.net/community/topic/71797/matchmaking-qc-not-for-newcomers/2

The matchmaking system doesn't even work as some people have mentioned. People quit when they see high ranked players. Though the rank means nothing. Rank only proves how long you've played it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rank should be based on skills. Damage, accuracy, kills, win loss ratio etc etc.

Tricky algorithm but much better than time played and gives players peice of mind in the long run.

Man of Honour
The ship sailing could already be happening. So many people are arranging custom games and invites over the global chat while the game searching/match making ticks away as more and more try to find games. If it is even that. Private matches everywhere. I'm jumping into their games as well building a regular player playing list.

Lots of complaints scattered all over the forums. https://bethesda.net/community/topic/71797/matchmaking-qc-not-for-newcomers/2

The matchmaking system doesn't even work as some people have mentioned. People quit when they see high ranked players. Though the rank means nothing. Rank only proves how long you've played it.

Reminds me of another reason I'm not playing much - there used to be some people running regular map rotation FFA games with like 20-32 player counts in Q3 and QL could just jump in and out any time play whatever you felt like, etc.

V F

V F

Soldato
There were some games in the past I thought was odd then I remember I've encountered this... I thought it was lag.

GiftedOblongBadger-size_restricted.gif

Or just obtained mega health and one rocket killed me.

Soldato
Reminds me of another reason I'm not playing much - there used to be some people running regular map rotation FFA games with like 20-32 player counts in Q3 and QL could just jump in and out any time play whatever you felt like, etc.

This 1000%

I have said repeatedly that I boot up quake because I want to play - not because I want to sit in lobbies and loading screens.

I might be wrong but im not sure that old style map rotations will make a showing. Seems the lobby mechanic is built into the core of the game....?

Man of Honour
When I asked one of the id guys about it awhile back they said that both types would be in there - that was a few months ago mind.

Soldato
yea QC sucks for getting a game..

old quake 3 just click IP and within 15 seconds u was playing.. this takes forever and cant see it lasting long if they keep it this way..

gameplay etc im fine with just the whole MM system etc is crap!

V F

V F

Soldato
yea QC sucks for getting a game..

old quake 3 just click IP and within 15 seconds u was playing.. this takes forever and cant see it lasting long if they keep it this way..

gameplay etc im fine with just the whole MM system etc is crap!

On Quake 3 you also stayed on a server until you quit. Or were booted for idling. Unless you went into spectator mode ending up with more or less the same names on that server map change after map change.

The games are getting longer to find now and most I'm always ending upon American servers. Isn't a bad thing but it seems the European games are just about dead.
I used to be in a game at a time in under 3 minutes. Now it is taking 5 - 7 minutes to find a game that has already started.

Soldato
I wonder if lobby systems are a way to ease pressure on servers to reduce cost of 'rack space' for dedis given that most modern games only allow custom games through the lobby/party system.

If every player online was in a match at the same time I wonder how much extra server space would be needed.

Back
Top Bottom