Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
OP
Got my quest 2 yesterday and looking through the last 10 pages I’ve ordered Bobovr M2 strap. Now looking for a way to connect a power bank the the existing strap that would still work when the bobo one comes, any suggestions? Also I noticed a pretty big space around my nose, I’m using the quest silicone cover is there a recommended one that has a nose flap/cover?

Cheers

If you have some velcro cable ties, that can be the easiest way to fix it on. Or even normal ones could be OK. Can't help with the nose flap, the vr cover has one with it, but I'm using the default cover at the moment with silicon cover, and I don't notice that much more light leakage.

Soldato
Got my quest 2 yesterday and looking through the last 10 pages I’ve ordered Bobovr M2 strap. Now looking for a way to connect a power bank the the existing strap that would still work when the bobo one comes, any suggestions? Also I noticed a pretty big space around my nose, I’m using the quest silicone cover is there a recommended one that has a nose flap/cover?

Cheers
I had this strap briefly and the one that i bought for my Elite strap worked for this too

Powerbank Fixing Bracket Back Clip Bracket,Battery Holder For Oculus Quest Or Vi ve Deluxes Audio Strap

Soldato
My Bobo headstrap came today, Gotta say its a LOT more comfortable from a quick test, reminds me a bit of the PSVR headstrap feel, however it does have a LITTLE more side to side wobble but im sure ill dial it in just right with a bit more of a play.

Need to figure out best way to strap battery bank to it now or stump up for the above solution, which looks like it could also work.

Underboss
If you have some velcro cable ties, that can be the easiest way to fix it on. Or even normal ones could be OK. Can't help with the nose flap, the vr cover has one with it, but I'm using the default cover at the moment with silicon cover, and I don't notice that much more light leakage.

go back to page 49, and look at my pictures, thats how i mounted my battery pack, its actually pretty good

(quoted wrong person , sorry)

Last edited:
Underboss
THE BEST Elite Strap Alternative | KIWI design Upgraded Elite Strap

cant find it on amazon,

but looking on amazon when I'm searching for this one, brings up some I've NOT seen before, some actually look quite good

links :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soarking-I...n+Upgraded+Elite+Strap&qid=1632418890&sr=8-13

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KIWISMART-...n+Upgraded+Elite+Strap&qid=1632418890&sr=8-19

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Que...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Soldato

You could get it direct from kiwi design, and get 25% off too.
50742439333_1cc9762364_o_d.gif

https://www.kiwidesign.shop/products/upgraded-elite-strap-for-oculus-quest-2?ref=oqplay

Underboss
Got fed up with my modified stock strap, so put the halo strap back on, got it "just right", its better than the stock strap now

put it this way,
stock strap with AMVR thing at the back, i can have it in 2 settings, 1) tight so it does not move , but i get a headache shortly, so good for a short session (so not ideal)
2) have it loose, but the quest keeps slipping down, so pushing my battery pack down the back of my head every so often

so now

Halo strap from Ali Express,

1) i can have it feeling just like the above (tight and no slippage)

or 2) as it is now, which is a couple of clicks out so its not too tight, but you can feel a bit on your forehead, and its not moving

so all in all its better

Soldato
Got fed up with my modified stock strap, so put the halo strap back on, got it "just right", its better than the stock strap now

put it this way,
stock strap with AMVR thing at the back, i can have it in 2 settings, 1) tight so it does not move , but i get a headache shortly, so good for a short session (so not ideal)
2) have it loose, but the quest keeps slipping down, so pushing my battery pack down the back of my head every so often

so now

Halo strap from Ali Express,

1) i can have it feeling just like the above (tight and no slippage)

or 2) as it is now, which is a couple of clicks out so its not too tight, but you can feel a bit on your forehead, and its not moving

so all in all its better

You could always fit the AMVR thing to the halo strap for extra security and comfortableness.

Underboss
ok so here are pics of my headset now

been playing this morning with Melmac in ATT, and i didn't touch me head once

its now on a sweet spot, but i might try adding the AMVR thing to the back like drakulton has, but i don't find it necessary at the moment

and yes i do push the strap sides as far forward as possible i then , when get it on i push it at an angle so that its not like "/" when playing ATT i can see whats in my belt lol

7JzPcGU.jpg.png
zl78WYk.jpg.png

1J557fQ.jpg.png

mEZ5mZg.jpg.png

kskq9ey.jpg.png

ZNkXjht.jpg.png

EuhHR7k.jpg.png

Soldato
Very nice Shi. Some pix of the cable tie-ness and a rubber band mod which gently pulls the headset on to the face sliding along the halo strap runners. Elastic or similar could be used.

51611361563_8db887d2ee_b.jpg

51610307427_2260b80a4e_b.jpg

51611353453_b38ee08fe0_b.jpg

51611786869_21d39a8532_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom