Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Associate
Latest...I can't open the Oculus Program on my desktop because my nine year old graphics card isn't good enough, even with the most recent driver (2016). I plan on buying a new computer this November. Any suggestion on how to do a work around?? Or any suggestions for a <$100 graphics card to hold my over until Dells Black Friday.

Thx Geoffrey

Soldato
Latest...I can't open the Oculus Program on my desktop because my nine year old graphics card isn't good enough, even with the most recent driver (2016). I plan on buying a new computer this November. Any suggestion on how to do a work around?? Or any suggestions for a <$100 graphics card to hold my over until Dells Black Friday.

Thx Geoffrey

Nvidia 780Ti, 970 are below spec but will run the oculus desktop. You won't be able to play most games with them as the FPS will be to low and induce nausea. If you can get a better card then then you may be able to get a better experience. If you only want to stream TV to your headset something like these or the AMD equivalent may do.

Associate
Where can i get a replacement face plate? all the ones i can see just seem to be covers that fit over the stock foam face plate? i want to buy a complete separate one to use when other people use my headset.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where can i get a replacement face plate? all the ones i can see just seem to be covers that fit over the stock foam face plate? i want to buy a complete separate one to use when other people use my headset.
I think vrcover do something that will suit.

There is also this company I linked below ....... A small company you probably have not heard of them which sell summat which may be what you want......... ;)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocul...s-and-light-blockers-vr-301-00-vr-00m-or.html

Soldato
OP

VRcover and AMVR are the two that spring to mind, think Kiwi Design may do one too. Have the VR cover (got it free), it's nice, although I do like the original with the silicon cover now too. AMVR one has thinner pads I believe, which means closer to lenses and better FOV.

Soldato
I've been using the AMVR replacement for nearly 8 months, its good but its starting to lose some of its foaminess. Pressing against my face is starting to feel a little uncomfortable.
I've only had mine a few months, its been good way better than the stock one but my eyes are really sensitive to the warm moist air buildup in the headset so im looking at importing a BOBOVR F2.

Associate
Got my quest 2 yesterday and looking through the last 10 pages I’ve ordered Bobovr M2 strap. Now looking for a way to connect a power bank the the existing strap that would still work when the bobo one comes, any suggestions? Also I noticed a pretty big space around my nose, I’m using the quest silicone cover is there a recommended one that has a nose flap/cover?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom