Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Associate
that looks good actually

it actually looks like it will sit "underneath" that ridge at the back of your head,which is where you want/need it (like the Quest 1)

£20 ! Soon they will be selling spongy pants to put on while playing vr.

Most people could potentially build this from their cellulose car sponge and the wife's bra for fabric :D

Soldato
£20 ! Soon they will be selling spongy pants to put on while playing vr.

Most people could potentially build this from their cellulose car sponge and the wife's bra for fabric :D

Some people have repurposed the spare pads for the VR cover facial interface for this. Wish I had thought of that before I spent £20, but I am happy with it anyway.

Soldato
Just ordered a Quest 2. Last VR I had was a Rift CV1. Do I need a link cable? Ive spotted the Anker one or is there a better one (aside form the oculus one)?

You need some way to connect your Quest 2 to your PC if you want to play PCVR games. So you will either need a Link Cable or a router that has a 5ghz wireless network.

The Anker Link cable comes recommended. If you want longer than 3 Metres, There is one from Kiwidesign that's 5 Metres and gets great reviews too. If you google Kiwidesign USB C you should be able to find it.

Soldato
And The MVH Studio head mount arrived. It looks better than the pictures suggest.

I got the Universal one. I am sorry I didn't go for one of the other ones, it doesn't come with any way to hold in a powerbank. It has a place to rest on but no way to secure it. So I am going to have to get some straps of some sort.

Haven't had time to set it up properly yet. I did do a quick test and even with just that quick test I can tell it's going to be more comfortable than the Elite strap. It takes the weight completely off my forehead and face. You can also use it without a facial interface installed, so you can get the lenses really close to your eyes. But, there is a lot of light leakage.

Will be doing a longer test later. See if it puts any painful pressure on other part of your head. And see how good it is with quick head movements etc.

Soldato
OP
And The MVH Studio head mount arrived. It looks better than the pictures suggest.

I got the Universal one. I am sorry I didn't go for one of the other ones, it doesn't come with any way to hold in a powerbank. It has a place to rest on but no way to secure it. So I am going to have to get some straps of some sort.

Haven't had time to set it up properly yet. I did do a quick test and even with just that quick test I can tell it's going to be more comfortable than the Elite strap. It takes the weight completely off my forehead and face. You can also use it without a facial interface installed, so you can get the lenses really close to your eyes. But, there is a lot of light leakage.

Will be doing a longer test later. See if it puts any painful pressure on other part of your head. And see how good it is with quick head movements etc.

To give some hints. I put the head strap on first, without the quest 2 attached, and make sure that's setup comfortably. You should have some added foam inserts etc (I bought extras due to a long narrow head). Then for me, I have the holding arms on the furthest forward slot that the screw goes into, and angled down. Then I place the quest 2 into the arms, and onto my head, with the arms almost completely tightened. Push the quest 2 onto your face until it's just the right distance, then tighten the arm screws to hold it where it should be, on the face, but still with the whole weight taken by the strap.

You should be able to use velcro straps to hold a battery pack on. There's one or two included with the headstrap I believe (one to hold the front foam to the headset, I took that one off, though may try adding it back actually). As you may have seen in my photos, I've actually left the vertical strap from the original on my quest, and attached it all the way to the back to the battery strap, as it helps counterbalance better in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom