Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Associate
Is it blurry when you use it in Native Mode? There is something badly wrong if the Civ1 is clearer than the Quest 2.
Maybe I worded that wrong. Better to say my CV1 seems more in focus than the Quest. I'm pretty sure it's due to the positioning of the headset with the halo strap whence the need to try different positions on my head.

Soldato
Maybe I worded that wrong. Better to say my CV1 seems more in focus than the Quest. I'm pretty sure it's due to the positioning of the headset with the halo strap whence the need to try different positions on my head.

If the 'back head cup/cradle' is comfortable and doesn't move around, then perhaps lengthening the top head strap to allow it to rest more on your cheeks rather than your forehead.

Associate
Just tried a free android app and it says 60mm so I’m within the sizes supported by the quest 2.
Will try moving the straps as suggested a bit later. Waiting for the grocery shopping to be delivered :)

Soldato
Just tried a free android app and it says 60mm so I’m within the sizes supported by the quest 2.
Will try moving the straps as suggested a bit later. Waiting for the grocery shopping to be delivered :)

If your IPD is 60, you should try moving the IPD slider on the Quest 2 to halfway between position 1 and 2. It will be much closer to your actual IPD than position 1.

Underboss
thanks

not on the play store for me

but when i click your link (on my phone)
is says "device isnt compatible with this version"

EDIT/

Using link on my pc, in the description it says you need a computer screen or at least 12" - 27"

so tablet and PC screens are ok, just not bigger than a 27"
luckily my PC is 27"

cant download it

goto official website "not available in the UK"

lol what a faff

VPN time then

Last edited:
Soldato
So yeah I bought the Quest 2 a week ago and so far Im really impressed, its a huge upgrade from the DK2 (no more noticeable pixels, yey), I bought a headstrap, 5 meter usb cable and now some controller rubber/silicon hand grips, all from "the rainforest"... These accessories makes the quest much nicer to use and the hand controllers are totally different with the rubber/silicon grips as you can totally let go of the hand controls and they stay firmly in your hands.

So its costed a extra £86 for the headstrap, cable and rubber/silicon controller grips,, but they are well worth buying with the quest 2.:)

SkhvWOJ.jpg
Im5iyv3.jpg
ysKbXn9.jpg
imuljay.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
The quest (sorry!:)) for comfort and clarity has finally been met.
How? I 3d-printed a battery pack holder and mounted it to the back of the halo strap. It now all balances nicely, keeps the lenses in the sweet spot and takes the pressure off my nose.
Played Assetto Corsa Competizione last night for a couple of hours and all was great. :D

Soldato
It's funny because I never had to buy any add-ons to make my Index more comfortable (except for prescription lenses, and I have to do that for all head-sets). I guess that's why it's three times the cost of the Quest 2!

Base price of the Quest 2 is amazing, but you really do have to price in the cost of add-ons. I've spent over £100 on front and rear VR covers and a battery headstrap for the Quest 2 which makes the index only twice as expensive. :D

Associate
It's funny because I never had to buy any add-ons to make my Index more comfortable (except for prescription lenses, and I have to do that for all head-sets). I guess that's why it's three times the cost of the Quest 2!

Base price of the Quest 2 is amazing, but you really do have to price in the cost of add-ons. I've spent over £100 on front and rear VR covers and a battery headstrap for the Quest 2 which makes the index only twice as expensive. :D
Exactly, I never bought a thing for my CV1

Back
Top Bottom