Quest 3 accessories thread

Soldato
I found changing to H264 and upping the bitrate in Airlink gave me great results on my Pro, but I'm on a 6E router.

I find Virtual Desktop looks a bit blurrier than Airlink for me.l, though it does work much better for me than it used to.

Associate
All that raving about AV1 and it doesn’t seem to do anything for VR streaming in VD.
It seems to be actually worse than h264 in airlink.

Associate
All that raving about AV1 and it doesn’t seem to do anything for VR streaming in VD.
It seems to be actually worse than h264 in airlink.
All the encoders have strengths and weaknesses.

If you have a poor wireless link, then AV1 is going to be hard to beat.

If you play fast paced games with rapid rotation or flashing images, then a higher bitrate will usually win. You just can't encode enough information when so much changes on the screen from frame to frame.

For me, 10bit colour is essential so I prefer AV1 or HEVC. But I wouldn't claim it is always best.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm having what I think are good results with AV1 @ 200 Mbps in VD, that's with a bog standard Sky 5GHz router, latency is around 11/12 which afaik is ok.
Edit: ah, i think i'm meant to see what the latency is as i'm playing a game, not just looking at the desktop, will check it later.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm having what I think are good results with AV1 @ 200 Mbps in VD, that's with a bog standard Sky 5GHz router, latency is around 11/12 which afaik is ok.
What's the total latency shown in VD? I try to keep mine under 35ms, as I get a bit nauseous otherwise. I've seen some people play at 60ms+, which is kinda wild.

Underboss
OP
Tried out my 2nd lot of Hons VR Prescription lenses and this time, there no double vision, and its so much better than wearing glasses, it seems more "clearer" than my real glasses

I have to say Hons VR might be the cheapest on the market but they are good , and I've had good communication with them to resolve my issue and got the 2nd pair shipped for free

Thumbs Up

Associate
What's the total latency shown in VD? I try to keep mine under 35ms, as I get a bit nauseous otherwise. I've seen some people play at 60ms+, which is kinda wild.
With AV1/Godlike/200Mbps it's about 80ms :( , i thought it wasn't completely smooth but put that down to the game/mod i'm playing being a WIP, experimented with setting the bitrate to 10Mbps and Potato quality, it was still about 60ms. Looks like i'm going shopping for a new 6/6E router to use as an access point for my Quest 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried out my 2nd lot of Hons VR Prescription lenses and this time, there no double vision, and its so much better than wearing glasses, it seems more "clearer" than my real glasses

I have to say Hons VR might be the cheapest on the market but they are good , and I've had good communication with them to resolve my issue and got the 2nd pair shipped for free

Thumbs Up

Great to hear, I'm pleased it's worked out well. Do you mean clearer as in sharper focus than your glasses, like when reading text? Was it simply that they put the.prescription the wrong way round in the first set of lenses?

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Great to hear, I'm pleased it's worked out well. Do you mean clearer as in sharper focus than your glasses, like when reading text? Was it simply that they put the.prescription the wrong way round in the first set of lenses?

ah yes your right there, more sharper (same as the old Hons VRs) no double vision this time, i dont think it was the wrong way around, i think its more of IPD (although im not sure)

Associate
In VD the latency for the Network value was about 4 or 5 ms, the Game was about 23 ms, the Decoding about 20 ms. Doesn't that suggest that it's not my router/network is the reason why i'm getting overall 80 ms latency given that the Network latency ^ is small?

Soldato
I've just this moment ordered the Bobo M3 Pro for £48 direct from Bobo. It says 'Shipped within 2 week (International Air Express: About 10-15days)'. But someone on Reddit in the US said he ordered on the 20th and received his on the 27th but had been quoted 10 to 14 days. So who knows, it might arrive quite quickly.

Associate
I've just this moment ordered the Bobo M3 Pro for £48 direct from Bobo. It says 'Shipped within 2 week (International Air Express: About 10-15days)'. But someone on Reddit in the US said he ordered on the 20th and received his on the 27th but had been quoted 10 to 14 days. So who knows, it might arrive quite quickly.
How much will the customs fees be

Associate
ah yes your right there, more sharper (same as the old Hons VRs) no double vision this time, i dont think it was the wrong way around, i think its more of IPD (although im not sure)
I think also you are noticing the slightly wider horizontal FOV now that your eyes are closer to the displays.

Associate
I had to test it again as when someone say wireless image quality is amazing makes me think I'm exaggerating when I say wired is much better.
So I started blade and sorcery using VD 200mbps AV1 10bit and immediately I can see distant rocks covered in compression artifacts and loss of details.!
Using cable and 500mbps h264 its almost perfect and the difference is massive.
As you can see I'm pushing constant 200mbps over wifi to the headset.
Capture.png
I just tried HL Alyx on Link cable (Ultra 90hz), looks identical to Airlink at 200mbps to me.

Maybe other games are better on cable though.

Associate
I just tried HL Alyx on Link cable (Ultra 90hz), looks identical to Airlink at 200mbps to me.

Maybe other games are better on cable though.
While I can still see compression in HL Alyx there are games that show the issue much more like blade and sorcery or Skyrim.
But you are right airlink at 200mbps is good not as good as 500mbps cable but good.
It’s VD at 200mbps that just looks really bad to me.
I’m using 4090 btw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom