Quest 3 accessories thread

Soldato
Unsurprisingly the BoboVR M3 Pro headstrap is very comfortable compared to the default. I can't wait for the the accessory facial interfaces to come out and the whole setup will be really nice.
i'll probable look for a cushioned centre/headpad to go from the front to back.

Can't wait for mine to be shipped. Have you tried it without the facial interface? Some people are doing that for a slightly wider fov I think, although I believe the tradeoff is more light leak.

Soldato
Can't wait for mine to be shipped. Have you tried it without the facial interface? Some people are doing that for a slightly wider fov I think, although I believe the tradeoff is more light leak.

Yes, the facial interface is quite deep, so you can get closer to the lenses if you remove it., unless you have long eyelashes, but they can be trimmed if you want to go for max FOV.
VR in a dimly lit room with the interface removed is as comfortable as it gets.

Associate
Tried out my 2nd lot of Hons VR Prescription lenses and this time, there no double vision, and its so much better than wearing glasses, it seems more "clearer" than my real glasses

I have to say Hons VR might be the cheapest on the market but they are good , and I've had good communication with them to resolve my issue and got the 2nd pair shipped for free

Thumbs Up
Good to hear Shi, I'm hopefully getting mine delivered tomorrow :)

Soldato
Hons VR lens owners. Is there much of a reduction in FOV when these lenses are fitted? I believe @ShiWarrior noticed a smaller FOV when they were fitted (may have been the incorrect prescription on the first set)
How much does the FOV go down by, is it the lens frame causing the reduction of the depth/thickness of the lenses?

Ta.

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
im thinking of going back to wearing glasses at the moment

the lenses are pushing against the top of my eye lids
the strap i have is pivoted so it might be tilted up at the front

tried to capture a photo of the thickness i have

bare in mind, you have the adaptor ontop of the lenses and then the glass for the prescription on top, so they come out come away

fakqyuj.jpg

Underboss
OP
Hons VR lens owners. Is there much of a reduction in FOV when these lenses are fitted? I believe @ShiWarrior noticed a smaller FOV when they were fitted (may have been the incorrect prescription on the first set)
How much does the FOV go down by, is it the lens frame causing the reduction of the depth/thickness of the lenses?

Ta.

i wouldn't say smaller fov, I'm closes to the glass (touching in fact)

Soldato
im thinking of going back to wearing glasses at the moment

the lenses are pushing against the top of my eye lids
the strap i have is pivoted so it might be tilted up at the front

tried to capture a photo of the thickness i have

bare in mind, you have the adaptor ontop of the lenses and then the glass for the prescription on top, so they come out come away

My left Honsvr lens is thicker than my right as my left eye is weaker. But I also find the plastic edge of each lens mount (where I've marked in yellow) can sometimes touch the corner at the top of the eyesocket and nose just under my eyebrows but once I've adjusted them by moving the headset a little to the left or right they don't touch. If I crank my neck right back to look up at something tall, I can feel them a bit as the headset is probably falling back onto my face a tad but it's fine really, hardly notice it. My facial interface is also at its closest now whereas I used to have it at its furthest with glasses on. So I could extend it again but I'll probably leave it. I think once I get the BoboVR, it'll be much improved.

20231101-152444.jpg

Associate
Thanks to @Merlin5
I've taken another picture as it shows the lenses better

i0n7ZEo.jpg
Your prescription means the lens glass is standing proud by a mm or 2 of the plastic holding them, I'm -2 on both eyes and it's the other way round for me, the plastic is higher by a mm or 2.

Since getting the lens I have the spacer set to the lowest setting, I can *just* feel the presence of the lens at times depending on how I'm holding my head.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, from these recent images it looks like these HonsVR lens inserts clip inside the lens holders on the Q3. The Q2 lens inserts I have clip on the outside of the lens holders. I'm not sure if it makes much difference with regard to FOV

Associate
Fitted the DAS....sooo much better!! No danger with the cable it easily reaches.
Just need better face foam thing now, not keen on the cloth one it comes with.
Glad to hear. I'm fine with the material on the interface it just doesn't sit comfortably on my face which seems to be a common issue. My main intent with the das was to stop my wife complaining about the noise as the speakers are quite annoying to others in the room.

Associate
Glad to hear. I'm fine with the material on the interface it just doesn't sit comfortably on my face which seems to be a common issue. My main intent with the das was to stop my wife complaining about the noise as the speakers are quite annoying to others in the room.
I found having it a couple of clicks out more comfortable than on its nearest setting. It definitely isn't as ergonomic as other headsets though, must be why people prefer the bobo headsets as they don't rely on clamping the device to your face.

Back
Top Bottom