Quest 3 accessories thread

Pull the back part much lower down the back of the head and crank the tightening wheel. Then adjust the up/down axis of the headset until you've got the sharpest view out of the lenses. Also, try the honeycomb strips. That's what I've put on mine. You won't completely get rid of headset movement but it'll become very minimal.
Yeah, have done all that. It's OK, but not great.

The battery has started to make a woeful noise as well, can be heard over 50% volume of the Q3.

On the whole its OK, but not nearly the experience sold via reddit etc.

Last edited:
Received the BoboVR M2 to M3 conversion kit and installed it.
Seems like a downgrade coming from my 3D printed adapter as not only I can’t get the goggles as close to my face with it but also it partially covers the top speakers holes.
Really rubbish design from BoboVR.

still waiting on my bobo turning up hopefully in the next few weeks. seems like a balanced review compared with others hopefully. but surely anything is better than the stock strap.

still waiting on my bobo turning up hopefully in the next few weeks. seems like a balanced review compared with others hopefully. but surely anything is better than the stock strap.

That bloke is mostly talking garbage. I think it's very well built. I had no problem installing mine, didn't break anything and it really is the most comfortable headstrap because every other strap will hurt your face after a while.

The battery is fine, it gives quite a lot of extra play time while keeping the quest battery at 100% or close to it depending on the app or game being played. Mine doesn't make any noise either. I didn't have much issue with feeding the little velcro strap through and in fact I've since released it and let it hang over the top, (it's only about an inch long) because it's less restricting without it.

It's common knowledge that it's less suitable for action games because of the wobble and that's about the only negative worth considering.

In my opinion, for playing games like Red Matter, Moss, or any non action game, this is the best strap to use because it can be worn for hours and you don't really want to be wearing any other strap that squashes your face. There's a reason why the BoboVR is popular and hyped. It's not for everyone but it's a damn good headstrap.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a battery strap for this Destek head strap?

It's quite comfortable to wear and I definitely prefer it over the Maecker one I returned but there's no hole on the back I can hook my battery. My only other option at the moment is to use a long USB cable and just stick the battery in my pocket when I'm playing.

that looks weird, looks like it has 2 backs ?

I cant see anywhere to hook up a battery to it, unless Desek release a specific holder for one like AMVR did
The other one is on top of your head so there's no front to back strap :). There's better pictures on the Amazon page but I wasn't sure about directly linking to it.

The only option would be to 3d print a specific holder.
I printed a couple when I had my quest 2 and they worked well but need some cad skills or try to find a design on thingiverse etc.
Yes, that's probably about the only option. Shame I don't have a 3d printer :).

In the pocket it is then with a long cable until I think of something else.

The meta strap is suspect AGAIN?
Mine has had issues since day one, it works but 90% of the time it's not detected and simply keeps the headset battery topped up while playing, only when the extended battery is flat or near to it does the headset suddenly detect that I have the extended battery installed. To be fair though, it makes zero odds to playtime but it's just a bit of a minor annoyance that you cannot check how much battery is left in the pack.

I have just contacted the jungle store to return my elite strap with battery after the 30 day window due to its problems. The customer help didn’t even question it and offered me full refund!
now looking for what to use in its place. I know it has been discussed a lot here but what is the best for holding a charge, comfort etc at the moment? I was looking at the aubika with battery and the bobovr version. What are the recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom