Quest 3 accessories thread

they are the official licenced ones by Meta, i had one problem for a little while that seems to have gone which was, when talking to other people i would sound very echoy to other people apparently

Yeah, my understanding is that the mic isn't great. But I won't be using it anyway. I've put the largest tips on the VR P10s and just tried them on youtube. Sync is perfect. Sound quality is very good although I wouldn't use them for music outside of VR, my Sony XM4s are way fuller sounding. But for usage inside VR which is all I wanted them for, they're excellent. They fit really nice in my ears and they look great too with the blue lights. Lovely case and I like the magnetic storage for the dongle. I've noticed there's no 'whoosh' sound when connecting the USB to the dongle passthrough to charge the headset, but the whoosh sound is there when connecting directly to the headset without the dongle.

How are you controlling volume? So far I've just adjusted it on the headset's volume rocker button. I've not downloaded the Soundcore app yet.

The Kiwi design Quest 3 battery strap is now available and is slightly discounted for black Friday: https://www.kiwidesign.com/en-gb/products/battery-head-strap-for-quest-3

• The built-in 6400mAh battery can provide 2-4 hours (depending on loads) extra battery life.
  • Note - To maximize battery life, we recommend plugging in the Battery Head Strap with Quest 3 when it's remaining battery level is at 80% or above.

I think 2-4 hours is optimistic from 6400mAh? Also the recommendation to only plug in the battery when the Quest is at 80% or above possibly implies that it struggles to charge quickly enough. I've taken a gamble anyway, will report back when it arrives! Apparently delivery is 10-25 days.

Last edited:
The Kiwi design Quest 3 battery strap is now available and is slightly discounted for black Friday: https://www.kiwidesign.com/en-gb/products/battery-head-strap-for-quest-3

• The built-in 6400mAh battery can provide 2-4 hours (depending on loads) extra battery life.
  • Note - To maximize battery life, we recommend plugging in the Battery Head Strap with Quest 3 when it's remaining battery level is at 80% or above.

I think 2-4 hours is optimistic from 6400mAh? Also the recommendation to only plug in the battery when the Quest is at 80% or above possibly implies that it struggles to charge quickly enough. I've taken a gamble anyway, will report back when it arrives! Apparently delivery is 10-25 days.

That's good, it's available even earlier. I got a reply from Kiwi Design on Tuesday saying available on 27th. They said 10 days but of course it's more likely to 25 days. My Bobo took 3 weeks to arrive from China.

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for your contact.

Our Battery Head Strap for Quest 3 will be released on Nov. 27th, but only available on our website, you can wait for it. And it will released on the rainforest UK around Christmas, so you can buy it on our site, which will takes about 10 days to UK.

Best Regards,
KIWI design team"

I think I'll wait until it's on the rainforest around xmas. I'm really happy with the BoboVR for the type of games I'm playing at the moment. Regarding battery life, I'm getting over 2 hours on my B2 Bobo battery and that's 5200mAh so a 6400mAh should easily do 2 and a half to maybe 3 hours I would think.

Last edited:
is there a few different variations of the bobo battery ? its funny how some have a buzzing and some not. hopefully get mine soon if it does buzz i will just replace it with a decent battery bank there are a few light 30w ones out now.

Amazon sent me a DESTEK head strap the other day, which isn't bad and replaces my Maecker strap that I've just returned 'cos the rear wheel was just annoying me (wouldn't hold its position). The only downside is I can't use my current battery strap so will have to buy a new one or find another way.

Last edited:
If anyone on their internet travels comes across a padded velcro strap like the one pictured attached to the top of this headstrap that runs from front to back, can you give me a shout. Ta muchly.

61DpCkq6khL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
is there a few different variations of the bobo battery ? its funny how some have a buzzing and some not. hopefully get mine soon if it does buzz i will just replace it with a decent battery bank there are a few light 30w ones out now.

I'm sure I once watched a reviewer on YouTube saying there's a couple of different versions, 5V - 2.6A and 5V - 3A. But the 5V - 2.6A seems to be the most common and that's what mine is. Maybe I got lucky but I just tested it with the headset switched on and it's absolutely silent. I don't have the greatest hearing but I'm pretty sure I'd hear a whining or buzzing sound.

Got my bobo M3, and it's alright. I think there's a bit much hype around it at the moment.

Definitely a step up in comfort, but not as stable or as adjustable as I thought it might be. Not a bad product at all, just not at all perfect.

Got my bobo M3, and it's alright. I think there's a bit much hype around it at the moment.

Definitely a step up in comfort, but not as stable or as adjustable as I thought it might be. Not a bad product at all, just not at all perfect.

Pull the back part much lower down the back of the head and crank the tightening wheel. Then adjust the up/down axis of the headset until you've got the sharpest view out of the lenses. Also, try the honeycomb strips. That's what I've put on mine. You won't completely get rid of headset movement but it'll become very minimal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom