Quest 3 owners etc

I have been more than happy with my purchases from Cex in the past, but just had a look at their website again, they sell a grade A quest 2 for £280 so not such a great deal only £20 less than normal price.

Were you not tempted to keep the Quest 2 as a backup device, as this kind of Tech can go wrong quickly and personally speaking I would like to have a backup device. First Quest went wrong after 11 months with a deal pixel, but got it changed ok with the big A high st store.

I know when I mentioned insurance on here some have said to claim on home insurance, which I am reluctant to do. The big A are currently giving a three year breakdown and accidental damage for £60 on the quest 3, where as the big C are charging £80 for three years but that excludes accidental damage, so the big A is best in that regard.

One of the leading UK insurers that insure the big A purchases only do that for them, you can't insure otherwise with them I believe.

Just received an email saying my Zenni prescription lenses for the Quest3 are preparing for dispach so hopefully they should arrive about the same time as my headset.

^ haven't heard from Zenni yet apart from order confirmation, i hope i get my lenses before or on the 10th.

To those who said they had no order confirmation email from Very, it might be worth checking your spam folder, my confirmation had been sitting in there for a week unseen.

I accidentally cancelled my 512GB one on Amazon and they are out of stock so had to go with the 128GB one. I'm hoping that won't be too much of an issue.

I accidentally cancelled my 512GB one on Amazon and they are out of stock so had to go with the 128GB one. I'm hoping that won't be too much of an issue.

The 512GB seems to be out of stock for pre order from a number of the big retailers. Either they aren't releasing as many of them, or more people are deciding it's worth going for the extra storage. As I did. ;)

#512GBMASTERRACE
#128GBPEASANTS

There's been quite a few mini reviews on reddit now after some people receiving their Quest 3's unexpectedly early. Opinion on it seems generally favorable however there are comments about the passthrough being a slight let down. I think with how it's been portrayed some people were expecting Apple Vision Pro passthrough quality but it's not (obviously). So i'm tempering my expectations about the passthrough so i'm not disappointed with it, still think and hope it'll be useable for MR etc.

I’d cancelled mine in the expectation I’d have to wait a couple of weeks for my prescription lenses arrive but they’re apparently already on their way!

Happy to wait until the 512gb is in stock though as Id prefer it over the smaller capacity version model. I think the 128gb model will be fine but I have a large library of games and rubbish internet so would prefer to have the spare capacity.

Meta are still taking orders but the estimated delivery date says 24th October.

Last edited:
There's been quite a few mini reviews on reddit now after some people receiving their Quest 3's unexpectedly early. Opinion on it seems generally favorable however there are comments about the passthrough being a slight let down. I think with how it's been portrayed some people were expecting Apple Vision Pro passthrough quality but it's not (obviously). So i'm tempering my expectations about the passthrough so i'm not disappointed with it, still think and hope it'll be useable for MR etc.

Really the biggest advance with the passthrough is the depth sensor. I think people have been misled by the various MR videos as the video capture looks way better than what you see in the headset. This is also the case for the Quest Pro, though it's an even bigger difference in that case.

I have been more than happy with my purchases from Cex in the past, but just had a look at their website again, they sell a grade A quest 2 for £280 so not such a great deal only £20 less than normal price.

Were you not tempted to keep the Quest 2 as a backup device, as this kind of Tech can go wrong quickly and personally speaking I would like to have a backup device. First Quest went wrong after 11 months with a deal pixel, but got it changed ok with the big A high st store.

I know when I mentioned insurance on here some have said to claim on home insurance, which I am reluctant to do. The big A are currently giving a three year breakdown and accidental damage for £60 on the quest 3, where as the big C are charging £80 for three years but that excludes accidental damage, so the big A is best in that regard.

One of the leading UK insurers that insure the big A purchases only do that for them, you can't insure otherwise with them I believe.
didn't consider holding it as backup. Sold the Q1 to CEX to get the Q2, as I recall it cost very little to upgrade, and so repeating the process this time again.

Back
Top Bottom