Quest 3 owners etc

Soldato
OP
3 more sleeps till @Ravenger and I have to put up with depth sensor this, depth sensor that ;)
Nah, we won't, we'll be too busy reading messages on our phones through the 4x better passthrough. Oh, and hopefully soon waving and moving with our full body tracking.

You guys can stay in the corner, in the dark with your local dimming :D

Soldato
Decided to cancel/postpone my order until I have a dispatch note for my Zenni prescription lenses. I’d rather not have the device if I have to use it with my glasses given my experience of the Quest 2 headset!

Hopefully the FOMO doesn’t get to me too much :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Turns out the free AW2 game offer is until January, no need to pre-order.

However, I've seen it suggested that pre-ordering the q3, is a pre-order of AW2, and pre-ordering AW2, comes with other bonuses (not sure what).

Associate
the hallie berry sound-alike place can't change a delivery address, even on a pre-order. In my haste to order, I forgot to set my delivery address to work address

Only way to do it is to cancel the order and re-order...but on re-order the elite strap now out of stock. So ordered just the headset now !

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah, we won't, we'll be too busy reading messages on our phones through the 4x better passthrough. Oh, and hopefully soon waving and moving with our full body tracking.

You guys can stay in the corner, in the dark with your local dimming :D

We'll have to meet up in Horizons so us Pro owners can turn on our face and eye tracking and make nasty, angry faces at you. :p

Soldato
We'll have to meet up in Horizons so us Pro owners can turn on our face and eye tracking and make nasty, angry faces at you. :p

Ah, you say that, but since the face tracking works so well now, All it will show is you and Mr.Cookie's green eyed envy at all us Quest 3 owners. :D

Soldato
I'll still be using the Pro for games that benefit from eye tracking and local dimming. The colours and contrast are so good. It's particularly good with the Oculus PC games designed originally for OLED. I'm really interested to see how good the Quest 3 panels are in practice, especially for dark games.

Soldato
I'll still be using the Pro for games that benefit from eye tracking and local dimming. The colours and contrast are so good. It's particularly good with the Oculus PC games designed originally for OLED. I'm really interested to see how good the Quest 3 panels are in practice, especially for dark games.

Yeah, will be interesting to see how they perform. I don't really like watching movies on the Quest 2 as the greys really annoy me. Hoping that the Quest 3 will be better. Not expecting OLED levels of black, but hoping for some improvement in that area.
Funnily enough, for games, I can live with the black levels. I would love better but I can still enjoy the games.

Back
Top Bottom