Quest 3 owners etc

Looking forward to all you guys reviews and comments when your shiny new toy is delivered, don't think from a google search there is much by way of straps yet from Kiwi design and other makers, wont be long I would think until all the third party stuff is available..

After much pondering and contemplating, finally decided to pull the trigger and upgrade both of our Quest 2's to Quest 3's, so the new Quest 3's are arriving on Tuesday. Will pop the 2 old Quest 2's along to Cex and get some cash back for them

didn't consider holding it as backup. Sold the Q1 to CEX to get the Q2, as I recall it cost very little to upgrade, and so repeating the process this time again.
Whats the trade in price for the 2 at the moment (cash?) the website never works for me.

Im keen to upgrade mine, but only if i can get a good amount back on my current 2.

I know it’s a new headset so we don’t know everything but for someone new to VR what PCVR/Quest games would be a must have to get for the new headset? Also, what are some good games to get your VR let’s under you so to speak. Thanks

Why have we had deletions in this thread? Someone came in and claimed to already have a unit, some questions were asked of him, now those posts are gone - why?

I was wondering the same. I'm guessing perhaps the person is somehow in possession of the unit by some means that the mods don't want to be associated with discussion here? Dunno.

I know it’s a new headset so we don’t know everything but for someone new to VR what PCVR/Quest games would be a must have to get for the new headset? Also, what are some good games to get your VR let’s under you so to speak. Thanks

Headset games:
Walkabout Mini Golf*
Beat Saber*
Golf+ (if you're a golfer)*

PCVR:
Half Life Alyx
Lone Echo*
Asgard's Wrath*
The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners

* 25% off referral codes available upon request

Pretty much anything through the oculus store will have referrals available, but I don't believe beat saber does. Come along and try our social nights if you fancy on Monday evenings, normally we play walkabout, it's a good laugh, generally 6-8 people now!

Real VR fishing is a lot of relaxing fun. I enjoy After the Fall (standalone and pcvr) for a squad based zombie killer. In Death Unchained (standalone) is a really nice bow roguelike.

Breachers i a standalone Rainbow 6. Really well done, but high skill levels can make it tough to get into a game at times!

There's been quite a few mini reviews on reddit now after some people receiving their Quest 3's unexpectedly early. Opinion on it seems generally favorable however there are comments about the passthrough being a slight let down. I think with how it's been portrayed some people were expecting Apple Vision Pro passthrough quality but it's not (obviously). So i'm tempering my expectations about the passthrough so i'm not disappointed with it, still think and hope it'll be useable for MR etc.

Supposedly Meta are going to be release an update on release or shortly after release that improves passthrough. The passthrough is a lot better than the Quest Pro as it is. It will be more than useable for MR.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve seen there is a humble bundle with some pcvr titles, not sure if it’s good but thought I’d give a heads up.

When I got the 2 from Meta, estimate delivery from Yodel was a couple of days after release, but then it turned up on release day, so you have a chance.

Mary Berry still telling me it's being packed and nothing more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom