Quest 3 owners etc

Yay. \°/

Screenshot-20231009-183616-Email.jpg

I ordered the 512gb version and an elite battery strap from the jungle company. Had email this afternoon that the strap has been despatched for delivery tomorrow. Few seconds ago had email from Amazon informing me that due to lack of stock and supply delay my headset will now not arrive until after October 20th when more stock gets to them. As a sorry been given a £20 voucher. Can spend tomorrow staring at my battery strap lol! Tbh though it is an early Xmas/bday present, and the wife had made me promise not to use it until my birthday Xmas eve anyway.

Been watching some of the Reviews. Norm's over on Tested, the one Shi posted earlier and a few others. It's great to see that the thorough reviews are better than the initial reviews. The only real disappointment that I have seen in the reviews is the lack of a kill MR app at launch, actually the lack of any new games that really show off the Quest 3. Proper MR apps won't arrive until Meta finish developing the software for their depth sensor. It's going to be like the Quest 2 with stuff been developed and added throughout it's life.

Don't want to get bogged down in that though. At the moment the headset is looking like a great update over the Quest 2 and it's going to get better and better as time goes on.

The Tested review was the one I was waiting for and Norm again did an excellent job.

It looks like right now, at least for me, it's not worth getting as the only real improvement that makes any difference over the Pro as it currently stands is the extra resolution. It's going to take a while for content to be upgraded for the Q3's capabilities. Once some of my favourite native games have been upgraded and there are some new games with decent Q3 improvements then I'll get one. Or maybe I'll get one earlier if I just can't resist it. :D

Looks like for PC use it's a trade-off between the higher resolution and potentially smoother experience but with grey blacks, and the lower res, but vibrant colour and contrast of the Pro's QLED displays with local dimming, which are incredible. Also eye tracked foveated rendering is actually working now on some PC games via middleware and delivering extra performance.
Ultimately though I am astounded about how much better Q3 is than Q2. I honestly thought they would go single LCD panel again. I will definitely get one at some point.

Reviews all seem overwhelmingly positive and my prescription lenses are apparently on their way so I've put in a pre-order for a 51Gb Quest 3 from Meta direct. ETA is showing as the 30th October so we'll see how it goes!

If it appears in stock sooner from another reliable source elsewhere I'll cancel and re-order.

Mine is apparently on it's way to DPD. Shame I've got such a busy day already lined up for tomorrow.

So this r******* business works on a new headset even if you keep the same Meta account? Due to forum rules are people just swapping links by personal message now? If so, I'm happy to do so. Of course needs to be with someone who is not already using a referral for their Q3.

Last edited:
Mine is apparently on it's way to DPD. Shame I've got such a busy day already lined up for tomorrow.

So this referral business works on a new headset even if you keep the same Meta account? Due to forum rules are people just swapping links by personal message now? If so, I'm happy to do so. Of course needs to be with someone who is not already using a referral for their Q3.

Ban!....... Illegal use of the R word!

Seen some shenanigans with peoples orders direct from meta getting pushed back to November! My 512 is thankfully down for delivery tomorrow, looking forward to it!

So this referral business works on a new headset even if you keep the same Meta account? Due to forum rules are people just swapping links by personal message now? If so, I'm happy to do so. Of course needs to be with someone who is not already using a referral for their Q3.
I don't think it works on old accounts. Could be wrong, someone want to try?

I don't think it works on old accounts. Could be wrong, someone want to try?
On the Meta App it says "Send your r******* link to a friend to buy a Meta Quest headset. You'll both get £23 Meta Quest store credit after they've activated their headset." There is no mention of it needing to be a new account. Anyone also buying a new Q3 tomorrow want to message me? ;)

Oh, and DPD has updated to show my parcel is on it's way to the depot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom