Quest 3 owners etc

All consoles are sold at below production costs, at least early in their life, partly to drive uptake, but also because the manufacturers make more money from the game sales. I think this is even true of the Steamdeck.
Particularly true of the Steam Deck, especially with the new OLED updates!

Ok for something really incredible, load YouTube VR and play the 360 video of the recent SpaceX Starship launch. :eek:
Just watched it, it's pretty impressive. It's the 20 second video with the camera quite high up the rocket, right?

This is good as well. It puts you inside NASA and right at the launch pad with a tasty launch towards the end. Go into your Meta TV app and you'll find it there.

Yesterday I remembered that the Pre-order of Asgard's Wrath 2 came with some rewards. So I claimed those rewards, one of which was a new environment for the Quest 3.

Did anyone try this new environment out? Well, I did, and to say it's underwhelming is an understatement. It's pathetically bad. Why did they bother releasing such a half hearted attempt?? All the stock environments are far better.

I hope this isn't some kind of omen about the game!!

Yesterday I remembered that the Pre-order of Asgard's Wrath 2 came with some rewards. So I claimed those rewards, one of which was a new environment for the Quest 3.

Did anyone try this new environment out? Well, I did, and to say it's underwhelming is an understatement. It's pathetically bad. Why did they bother releasing such a half hearted attempt?? All the stock environments are far better.

Yeah, I use it, it's not great. As an area in a game when you're doing stuff, I figure it could be fine. But as just an environment, it's rather dull.

I don't have a Quest 3 so don't know any better but I still don't understand the appeal of mixed reality beyond the novelty. Isn't escapism the main reason we like most entertainment?

I don't have a Quest 3 so don't know any better but I still don't understand the appeal of mixed reality beyond the novelty. Isn't escapism the main reason we like most entertainment?

No doubt Basti will be posting the reward environments up that'll work on Quest 2, like he did with the pro 'Cascadia' environment that now works on Q3/3

Being able to play eleven table tennis in my own room is really handy, I can poke my opponents half of the table out the window. Thrill of the fight is so much more convenient in MR too, no chance of accidentally smashing a wall. The little experience that meta releases with it is a great introduction of just how much fun it can be with the depth sensor and room tracking.

You need to try it in a game. Playing Demeo with the game sitting on the table in your room and posters stuck up on the walls is a pretty good experience. Also, the new game Assassins Creed Nexus uses mixed reality really well as you switch between locations in the game.

You need to try it in a game. Playing Demeo with the game sitting on the table in your room and posters stuck up on the walls is a pretty good experience. Also, the new game Assassins Creed Nexus uses mixed reality really well as you switch between locations in the game.

Forgot about Demeo, but then I usually play facing the corner of my bedroom, so it's better off in the Demeo room, rather than mixed. I would rather it be in mixed though if playing with a table and some space to move around.

Last edited:
Being able to play eleven table tennis in my own room is really handy, I can poke my opponents half of the table out the window. Thrill of the fight is so much more convenient in MR too, no chance of accidentally smashing a wall. The little experience that meta releases with it is a great introduction of just how much fun it can be with the depth sensor and room tracking.

Haha, can't believe I didn't mention Eleven Table Tennis in MR, as that's the only way I play it now.

The issue with MR is that a large proportion of players just don't have much space to use it properly, like most don't have enough room for full roomscale games.

Whenever you see MR demonstrated in videos the users have huge living rooms devoid of furniture, rather than the small cluttered environments most of us live in. Also even on the Q3 it requires some setup to work properly for the more complicated experiences, and this is a massive pain in the backside on the Pro which doesn't have room scanning.

However I like MR when it's done well. I have just enough space in my living room to use it well but I have to kick my family out to use it, so I don't do it very often.

The MR in Assassin's Creed though is really well done, and adds to the immersion and feeling that you are actually a part of the story, but that doesn't require a special room setup.

Last edited:
i have a referral for beat saber and dungeon of eternity if anyone would like one of them drop us a message.
on a different note having a issue with my quest 3 controllers when i play synth riders on pcvr on steam vr they disconnect with about a minute left on any song anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it the first few weeks everything was fine.:(

Back
Top Bottom